Having bladder tumor removed next week :( ??

13 years 7 months ago #33881 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Having bladder tumor removed next week :( ??
Hi Tom,
Am also very pleased that your bladder cancer membership is refused!However you have been approved as a fully qualified bladder cancer advocate to go out and spread the word as Cynthia suggested. Especially as you have been there, done it , but didn·t get the T shirt. Hopefully you will one day speak of your experiences and outcome and perhaps save a life by passing on your knowledge.
All the best, Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #33849 by GKLINE
Tom

If it makes you feel any better.

I think everyone one this site, wishes they got the same news as you.

I know it was a pain, but you are free of this cancer scare.
But those thoughts about "life changes", leep thinking them. They makes life great.

By the way:

Your applicaton for admission into the Bladded cancer Club....... Has been Cheerfully REJECTED!!
Rush Chairman George
:laugh: :laugh: :) :) :lol: :lol:

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 7 months ago #33805 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Having bladder tumor removed next week :( ??
Tom,

We are very glad to hear that it was not bladder cancer and that you are on the road to recovery, hopefully the worst is over. We are glad we could be here for you when you needed us.

Now that you have had a brush with blc your job now is to let the people around you know about bladder cancer. Tell them that a man has a 1 in 28 chance of developing it in their life time and as many woman will die of it in the USA as cervical cancer this year. Tell them to know the symptoms and their risk factors that ignorance can kill, and that our website can give them information.

Stay well

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

13 years 7 months ago #33804 by mmc
Tom,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

This is terrific news! Sorry you had such a rough recovery but it is (for the most part) behind you now.

With 37.5% of your prostate, you should fine. You only run into problems once you get down to 37.4270913%. :woohoo: :silly: :D Just kidding. I have no idea on that...

NOT having bladder cancer is some pretty darn good news. Be sure to celebrate when you are recovered the rest of the way.

Something to think about though. When you THOUGHT you had it, there may have been some things you wanted to do differently. Nothing says you can't still make those changes. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 7 months ago #33803 by Tom1949
Replied by Tom1949 on topic Having bladder tumor removed next week :( ??
Surgery is over. Ended up going in at 4pm Tuesday, came home this morning. 4 nights in the hospital grrrrrrrr

What the written radiology report said was that I had a 2 inch bladder tumor. It actually was a blood clot and a mass of stones which were removed.

My PSA was way up from a year ago so the surgon did a TURP. I had 25% of my prostate removed 3 years ago. They removed half of what was left.

Everything they tested came back benign.

I am in a lot of pain but happy it wan't cancer. I am angy with the radioligist who put me thru anguish/stress etc.

So i now have 37 1/2% of my original prostate and have no idea how i will function in a few months when it heals.

Thanks again for all of the help. Tom

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #33705 by mmc
Here is another video. This one appears to be an instructional video for doctors. I'm sure they get more than this for training (hope of all hopes)!!! :)

While the other video (above in an earlier post) is all a recording from the camera inside the bladder, this one is all outside. You don't see the persons face but you do see the body and you see a nerve block procedure where the muscles jerk and you see them inserting the tools into the penis so if this stuff is more than you can handle, do not watch this video. The dark stuff on the patient's body is the antiseptic and is not blood. They also show a piece of the actual tumor removed.

This video is not for everyone so again, if it sounds like it may be too much, do not watch it.

Mike

P.S. I'm not sure how often they even do that nerve block part. This video talks about doing an epidural and the nerve block where I think most often they still just do general without epidural.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne