After biopsy

13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #33096 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic After biopsy
Most of us on this board are indeed BLC survivors and would say-stop, take a deep breath. One step at a time! Easy for me to say but, I'd wait (yes with concern but not worry) until the tests comeback! Somethings you can't control and getting aproper path report over a weekend is one of them. We all trust it isn't cancer. Keep this board advised as someone is usually lurking sometime during the day.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #33095 by Akhnaten
Replied by Akhnaten on topic After biopsy
I meant to add: it could be worse, but it's out of the blue and very stressful to think about. I know I should wait for the urologist to tell me what happened, but it's hard even to work thinking that one may need surgery for removal and then live with the uncertainty.

13 years 8 months ago #33094 by Akhnaten
After biopsy was created by Akhnaten
I had an unpleasant surprise recently. I recently had a kidney stone which passed, and I went for a follow-up urological procedure (IVP and cystoscopy). So, I didn't have any more stones. But the doctor said he found a small polyp near my ureter which he biopsied and sent for pathology, and I have a meeting next week to find out whether, apparently, I am a cancer patient or not.

I'm in my 30s, don't smoke or work in an industrial occupation, and am in general good health except for some weight issues. I should not be in a risk category for bladder cancer. This was asymptomatic and a purely incidental diagnosis.

But I am kind of anxious and have been obsessively googling what this could mean for me. I am hoping that it is just some kind of fibroepithelial false tumour or cystitis due to the irritation of the stone, which sat far down my ureter. I doubt I have anything more than a "benign" polyp, if you can call them that. But am I staring down the barrel of, at minimum, a decades-long life of annual cystoscopies?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne