From Maine looking for Dr

13 years 9 months ago #32730 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic From Maine looking for Dr
Well Boston has a lot for you prostate cancer guys or if you want to be in the 48% or so that want to try bladder preservation and then get an ileal conduit go to Boston Mass General.
Sorry only one i see..Dr. Hu but i have no idea how many patients he sees.

physiciandirectory.brighamandwomens.org/directory/profile.asp?dbase=main&setsize=30&sskeywords=15&pict_id=0009649
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #32729 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic From Maine looking for Dr
I live in Maine and haven't had to research this, but concur that it's best to go to where the best people are and definitely for RC that's not likely to be Maine.

Mainers tend to think of Boston as THE place to go for any kind of complicated medical issues, plus it's a lot closer than NY. (I come from NYC originally, so of course would be more than happy to go there. In fact, my elementary school was right across the street from Memorial Sloan Kettering.)

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

13 years 9 months ago #32669 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic From Maine looking for Dr
I'd get out of Maine and Boston and head to New York ..the main guys are all there.
pat

13 years 9 months ago #32660 by Cynthia
From Maine looking for Dr was created by Cynthia
A gentleman in Maine has been to Dana Farber for a second opinion. He is facing Radical Cystectomy. His question is where to go in Maine for the surgery. My research has not found an answer and I would suggest he stay in Boston. Any other suggestions?

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne