MD Anderson

13 years 8 months ago #32860 by harleygirl
Replied by harleygirl on topic MD Anderson
Thanks, Ken. Dad is doing well. After his surgery and resulting complications, I finally talked him into seeing a great doc at UT Southwestern here in Dallas. I am just sorry that we didn't find this Doc to do Dad's surgery in the first place but when Dad was diagnosed, we had never even heard of bladder cancer!

Water under the bridge I suppose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #32859 by Kenneth
Replied by Kenneth on topic MD Anderson
I hope your Dad is ok Harley Girl. I am lucky to have 2 insurance plans(1 mine and 1 my wife's). Have you checked with the Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio?

13 years 8 months ago #32855 by harleygirl
Replied by harleygirl on topic MD Anderson
We live in Dallas and when Dad was diagnosed 3 years ago at age 80, we tried to go to MD Anderson but they would NOT take his Medicare Advantage Plan insurance nor would they let him pay for a consultation out-of-pocket. He ended up at another facility with a not-so-experienced surgeon and had some pretty severe complications including a spread to the urethra that was missed.

Needless to say, I was kinda' pissed at MD Anderson for not even allowing us to PAY for treatment but I suppose it is a Medicare (translate GOVERNMENT) thing.

13 years 9 months ago #32719 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic MD Anderson
This is great news Ken. It just goes to show you that a bunch of pushy cyber friends can make you do. MD Anderson is the place to get to, and now you know why. They seem to have turned this Bladder cancer thing into an assembly line of efficiency. They REALLY know what they are doing!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 9 months ago #32663 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic MD Anderson
Ken,

Thanks for the update and the good vibes on MD Anderson. It is everything others have told me and you just added to it! Hope all the test results are good news!

Alan

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

13 years 9 months ago #32662 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic MD Anderson
Ken,

Glad you got it and it went well. My hospital (University of Colorado) has a similar sytem to be able to review all of the tests, appointments, etc. online. It is a nice little feature.

Let us know when you know more.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne