MD Anderson

11 years 1 month ago #32655 by Kenneth
MD Anderson was created by Kenneth
The place is impressive,huge,lots of patients & lots of staff, and very well organized. I learned more about BLC and treatment for it in one setting with Dr.Kamat than in all my trips to the Uro. Over 3 days I had all the blood work,ekg,x-rays done and on the 3rd day Dr.Kamat did a TURB/TURP. I have a follow-up on 7/6 with Dr.Kamat. Thanks to Patricia, Mike and everyone who urged me to go to a major cancer center for a 2nd opinion. I am still dealing with just the fact that I have cancer but the trip to MD Anderson has helped. I am thankful that I have the chance to get treated at a place like that and hope everyone in a similar situation can have that chance. Thanks Again
Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #32657 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic MD Anderson
Thats great Ken. Thats the exact protocol i had when going to MSK in NYC...quite a whirlwind huh but soooooo glad i did.
When will you have pathology back? pat

11 years 1 month ago #32659 by Kenneth
Replied by Kenneth on topic MD Anderson
Hopefully the path reports will be posted next week. They create a webpage for you using your MRN(med.record #)and you can access it with your own password. It is called MyMDAnderson,all of your appts.,phys.notes,labs,path.reports are entered onto it. You can send and receivce messages to your med.team. I'm sure it takes a few days for everything to be entered. Pretty slick, especially for patients who are not in Houston.

11 years 1 month ago #32662 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic MD Anderson
Ken,

Glad you got it and it went well. My hospital (University of Colorado) has a similar sytem to be able to review all of the tests, appointments, etc. online. It is a nice little feature.

Let us know when you know more.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 1 month ago #32663 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic MD Anderson
Ken,

Thanks for the update and the good vibes on MD Anderson. It is everything others have told me and you just added to it! Hope all the test results are good news!

Alan

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

11 years 1 month ago #32719 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic MD Anderson
This is great news Ken. It just goes to show you that a bunch of pushy cyber friends can make you do. MD Anderson is the place to get to, and now you know why. They seem to have turned this Bladder cancer thing into an assembly line of efficiency. They REALLY know what they are doing!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne