Maybe this site will help?
The self-Bund eV bladder cancer is an association that deals with patient education. The aim of the site is to provide comprehensive information for patients and their relatives about the disease and its treatment options
There is not enough information to be able to answer you properly.
You say he had 3 surgeries for the bladder cancer. What was the stage/grade of cancer and what did he have done and when?
Multiple recurrences of high-grade cancer often lead to cystectomy. Complications have more to do with the choice of urinary diversion than the cystectomy itself. There are neobladder, Indiana pouch, and ileal conduit options for urinary diversion after surgery.
You don't want to just to a TUR if it keeps coming back. You know where it is going so might as well get rid of the bladder at that point (if high grade).
Complications depend on the skill of the surgeon. You want a surgeon that does 50 or more of these surgeries (the specific urinary diversion) a year. Those surgeons will be at the top hospitals. I am not familiar with the hospital you mentioned.
You say his current situation is non-invasive if I understand correctly. If that is the case, what systemic chemotherapy are you talking about? If it is non-invasive, he may not need chemotherapy at all.
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago#32373by Pavel
Hello, my Father is 60 years old and he has a bladder cancer.
He had 3 operations of cancer removal but his doctor tel that he must remove whole bladder.
I'm very worried about it and have a few questions:
1) which patients on the forum after cystectomy were complications (most often)?
2) quality of life after cystectomy?
3) controversial cases of choice operation : TUR or cystectomy (if possible, within the non-invasive low-differentiated cancer), what is in the end?
4) whether the patients operated on at the Charite Hospital Berlin, about a surgeon, urologist oncologist best reviews after cystectomy in this clinic?
5) both suffered from systemic chemotherapy?
6) How is the psychological rehabilitation after radical cystectomy?
7) After the TUR + systemic chemotherapy as quickly was a relapse / metastases?