New Dx in Atlanta with questions

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #32064 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic New Dx in Atlanta with questions
Brenda,

It is probably too soon to tell if your "wasting your time" with the BCG. BCG is very effective for CIS. CIS is highly agressive however it does require close monitoring.

Since you were Ta, it is still likely that BCG is the best course of action for now.

Can't tell you how pleased I am to read that you already went to MD Anderson for a second opinion. Now that you have the results of the cysto, you want to follow up back with Dr. Grossman and get his opinion.

I had CIS and mine came back after a couple of years. I had decided that I would get my bladder out if it came back because I wanted to be aggressive in treatment since it gave me the best chance of getting "cured".
Turned out that when it did come back it was already invasive (T2) so I didn't have to argue the point.

If this is a recurrence from your first TURBT only a few months ago, I wonder if they missed some or it seeded or if it's really a recurrence already. Not that it really matters though. Seems like it might be worth trying BCG as long as you can tolerate it as it does have a very high success rate, HOWEVER, Dr. Grossman should be the one to guide you on this one.

I'd suggest getting back in touch with him post haste. (If not today, then tomorrow).
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32061 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic New Dx in Atlanta with questions
aaahhh...if it only had a pattern....NOT...the fact that it came back CIS in several places which is always high grade but treatable ...personally i would be back with Grossman. Sounds like one angry bladder doesn't it?
pat

13 years 10 months ago #32056 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic New Dx in Atlanta with questions
Brenda I felt that your story deserved its own thread. There are no rules here it is just that the forum is the place for questions as not everyone checks the chat area.
I once had tumors growing as I was undergoing BCG so one can never tell. Will you be going back to Anderson?

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #32054 by Cynthia
New Dx in Atlanta with questions was created by Cynthia
Hello---I am one of the newbies posting in the wrong place----I was so excited to find your website and did not take the time to read the rules. I am still in shock from learning my cancer has come back and this time CIS in several places. I am having my second BCG tomorrow in Atlanta. The first tumor was a Ta and now CIS. I saw Dr. Grossman at MD Anderson for a second opinion after the first surgery. Dr. Grossman said I was doing the right thing and that my first cysto would be the telling story on what to do next. Well---it came back in a three month time frame and this time CIS in several places. How can this be so fast? I am wondering if I am wasting my time with BCG or should I just have this angry bladder out. I am 65 years old and in good health except for the BC.

I am grateful for any help==this is all I can think about!!!

Brenda

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne