10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago#31896by GKLINE
I've said this before. Follow Pat's advice and see the Dr. she advises you to.
I believe your origional Dr. is correct about the Cystectomy but you must have a 2nd opinion from a cancer center that knows about bladder cancer to be sure
Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.
08/08/08...RC neo bladder
New Man! [/size]
You'll certainly want a second opinion and treatment at a major cancer center. Your second opinion should include a review of the slides by their pathologist; however, if the biopsy shows muscle invasion, cystectomy is the treatment of choice and an additional biopsy wouldn't change that.
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant...
I really feel inadequate to give advice for this post, but I will state what I would do if I was in their shoes knowing what I know now. Before I allowed anyone to remove one of my organs, I would want at least a second opinion. In addition, if I was being told that the tumors were invasive and also high grade, I would be contacting the nearest cancer center that deals with bladder cancer immediately. Patricia will be able to provide a center that is close and most likely a physician’s name. Bottom line, I would be getting a second opinion and biopsy (if necessary) ASAP. I wish them the best and hopefully they will come back here for our support.
dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10
Received from a lady that needs quick information.
My husband has a recent diagnosis of bladder cancer. The pathology report from the first biopsy shows 3 tissue samples.
All 3 are high grade
Two are invasive with "probable" into muscle wall. The 2nd doctor we went to see is in Charlotte, NC. He recommended a cystectomy. He did not feel it would be helpful to do another biospsy and delay the surgery for any length of time.
Do we need to have another biopsy?
Do we need to do this with some urgency?
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society