I BROKE THE MACHINE TODAY!

13 years 11 months ago #31155 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic I BROKE THE MACHINE TODAY!
Pat,
Just wanted you to know i,m thinking of you and pulling for you!
Wishing you the best.
Duke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #31151 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I BROKE THE MACHINE TODAY!
Haven't heard of the glutamine Julie but i'll check into it..i have a lotion to use 3-5 times a day and then i put on the castor oil and a damp hot cloth to help it sink in at the end of the day.....so far so good. Had to stop taking my C as thats an antioxident....a multi is ok though. Not particularly tired yet..maybe that comes toward the end of the treatment. Its such a long drive but i kind of play afterwards as there's tons of shopping around there..even a TJ Maxx across the street. Went to Ballard Designs today and then a stop at Best Buy to get Easter Stuff for Lady GaGa Sophie and Carson. I buy movies..no candy! I eat the chocolate bunnies myself!!
pat
P.S. just checked out the Glutamine and its more for intestional radiation...but i will ask my doc........

14 years 1 day ago #31119 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic I BROKE THE MACHINE TODAY!
I agree with Melodie I wish we could be there to hold your hand. It is no fun to face these things alone. I hope the olive oil does the trick. Dick's radiological oncologist recommended he take glutamine to help his cells during radiation. I have seen it mentioned since. I think it is one of the amino acids. Blessings Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

14 years 2 days ago #31107 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic I BROKE THE MACHINE TODAY!
Pat,

Bless your heart. I wish I were there to hold your hand and I'm sure there are many here who wish the same. But yes, I know, it wouldn't be the same as the partner you lost. Why we have to face some things alone, I'm not quite sure why that is. You are in my thoughts & prayers. BIG HUGS!

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 4 days ago #31080 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I BROKE THE MACHINE TODAY!
YEAH...thats it Cynthia..i wish......it was probably the cod liver oil i slabbed on the night before (thats my radiologists trick to prevent burns)
Anyway i've nicknamed the machine TomCat and it caught on...i'm surprised noone else thought of that. So we are now friends..i hope!! I was very weepy today and had to fight not coughing as the tears were welling up and the mucus was draining into my lungs. I summoned up my angel and a few of all of yours i'm afraid...i will return them i promise.
I want my support system back....how dare my husband die on me? I didn't care if he couldn't make toast..he sure knew how to hold my hand.
Pat

14 years 4 days ago - 14 years 4 days ago #31073 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic I BROKE THE MACHINE TODAY!
I personally believe your magnetic shining personality and looks short circuited the machines.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne