Map of the journey-- Andy II

13 years 11 months ago #31184 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Map of the journey-- Andy II
I am glad to welcome all of you to the optomist's society. I can feel the good sense of humor flowing through the computer.

Since we are talking about bladder control here, I have a funny story.
Recently I was vacationing and found a very nice health club and I continued my cardio workouts. I have done almost NO abdominal workouts since my surgeries as they seemed to do a world of hurt. But, having recovered from both bladder and hip surgery, I thought it was time to start.
I strapped myself into the abdominal machine and started going through a full range of motion...........SURPRISE.!!! Major Bladder Leakage! "WARNING! WARNING! DANGER DR. SMITH! There is Flooding in the Lower Decks!

So, my warning to you bladder patients:
Do NOT pass up the use of a bathroom before workout
Do your abdominal exercises FIRST
If anything like this happens to you; Stand up, and WALK AWAY PASSIVELY. (as Bill Cosby says) And then RUN to the Locker Room!

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #31181 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Map of the journey-- Andy II
Uh-oh Jim! Hope you have enough to make it to tomorrow! Duke - glad to know you're doing well. I'm slowly getting the hang of dealing with the neo. Still lots of leaks but making progress I think. I'm really trying to make the two hours between voids, but sometimes I just can't quite get there. Usually after the second cup of coffee or a big glass of water. At least the nights are getting better. I think the exercises help.

Andy

13 years 11 months ago #31174 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Map of the journey-- Andy II
Andy, Send money, Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

13 years 11 months ago #31156 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Map of the journey-- Andy II
Hello to all!
Andy it's good to know you are right on track. As you know it should only get better from here. I'm three and a half mos.
out now and doing great, so you're getting there, it will go bye fast.
Wishing both you and your wife the best.
Duke

13 years 11 months ago #31152 by kcnorthstar
Replied by kcnorthstar on topic Map of the journey-- Andy II
Andy,

Snowmobile trails is northern Minnesota? We have more of them than roads! The Taconite trail is within 2 miles of our property and is 170 miles long. It connects to the tomahawk trail which is another 80 miles and we have the circle tour trail that goes from Ely to Lake Superior and then up into Canada before returning to Ely, about 400 miles. There are hundreds of miles of smaller trails also. Come on up any time.

KC

Age 59
DX Jan 2006 - T1B G3
RC - Neobladder June 2006

13 years 11 months ago #31148 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Map of the journey-- Andy II
Thanks KC and Jim -

So much better without the cath. Have to learn about fluid intake before going to bed though. Did my usual multiple glasses of water last night - I won't do that again! Lots of leaking and it was tough to make the 2 hours between bathroom stops. I've learned - no or very limited fluids after 6.

Jim - I hope you hit the big money in Vegas! Enjoy your time there. And KC - my wife and I just may take you up on your guest cabin offer sometime. We like winter a lot - big snowmobilers. Are there trails around your area?

Andy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne