37 is too young. Look at the waiting rooms!!!!

17 years 3 months ago #3078 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 37 is too young. Look at the waiting rooms!!!!
Rooster,

I am not a doctor and am not trying to diagnose, but you might want to google interstitial cystitis and see what you think.

This is the only bladder condition that even sounds like a rash, and according to everything that I have read so far, it is very hard to diagnose, and goes misdiagnosed sometimes.

Here is the site with pictures...hope this helps. It is all that I can come up with considering the information that the doctor gave. Once again, Good luck.

www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Diagnosing_and_treating_interstitial_cystitis.htm

This is a mystery.
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #3077 by Rosemary
Okay,

I googled rash and bladder and can't get a hit. :-X

I even googled psoriasis and bladder and didn't get a hit.

My only question is this...

IS THE DOCTOR PLANNING TO BIOPSY THE SITE? IF HE DOESN'T BIOPSY THE SITE, THEN I THINK HE NEEDS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE PROPER NAME FOR WHAT IS IN YOUR BLADDER!

What this brings to my mind is when my sister saw the photos of my bladder cancer, she said, "That looks like psoriasis." (We both have psoriasis) There were obvious tumors also.

The doc just gave her a glare. >:(

Anyway, I'm not saying that you have bladder cancer. But, I think you deserve a name for whatever it is that you have. If it doesn't have a name, I think I would insist on a biopsy or a 2nd opinion.

Blood in the urine has an organic cause. Saying you have a rash just doesn't cut it. Not to me anyway.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 months ago #3075 by rooster69
Replied by rooster69 on topic 37 is too young. Look at the waiting rooms!!!!
I-am-supposed-to-return-to-him-on-the-16th-of-january-so-he-can-check-my-urine-again,--and-check-on-the-"rash".--I-have-never-heard-anyone-say-"I-have-a-rash-in-my-bladder"
If-I-still-have-the-rash-and-blood-in-my-urine-I-will-return-to-every-three-months-to-check-for-blood-and-on-the-rash.
I-wasn't-able-to-view-the-procedure-so-I-don't-know-what-it-looked-like-(the-rash),but-he-said-it-was-at-the-base-of-my-bladder.--Iwasn't-able-to-get-out-of-the-urologist-what-would-cause-the-rash,or-what-it-was.
I-don't-think-I-want-to-go-back--I-think-that-if-something-were-really-wrong-thect-scan-would-have-picked-up-on-it.
Any-ideas-on-this?
Would-I-offend-the-dr-if-I-got-a-second-opinion,-or-do-I-need-one???
I-can't-even-find-anything-on-the-net-regarding-a-rash-in-the-bladder.
Thank-you-for-all-your-help-even-just-listening-I-would-feel-retarded-telling-my-friends-I-have-a-rash-in-my-bladder
:-[

17 years 3 months ago #3073 by Rosemary
Rooster,

I am glad to hear that there were no tumors.

I have not heard of a rash before. :-?

What is the next move?

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

17 years 3 months ago #3072 by rooster69
Replied by rooster69 on topic 37 is too young. Look at the waiting rooms!!!!
My-computer-key-board-won"t
-space-so-I-have-to-use-this-key--- ;D-thank-you-all-to-answered-I-had-the-cystoscopy-yesterday-and-the-urologist-checked-my-urine-again.--I-had-three-times-more-blood-in--urine-than-two-weeks-ago.--The-urologist-said-he-found-no-tumors-but-saw-a-"rash"-in-my-bladder.--What-this-is-I-don't-know.--Should-I-get-second-opinion-or-are-rashes-in-the-bladder-common.--I-was-thankful-he-found-no-tumors-and-pray-for-all-of-you.

Thank-you-all-again

17 years 3 months ago #3070 by Rosemary
Simon,

I personally have not yet heard of laser surgery for BC. I am fairly new here (diagnosed with BC Jan 06) and this idea is a first for me.

Perhaps someone else has more information about laser.

I'm just wondering how the tumour can be staged and graded when it is zapped? :-?

If I were you, I would google around for information on solitary/single tumor as opposed to multiple tumors in the bladder. See what you find. It MIGHT make you feel a little better.

My doctor thought I was young for BC (I'm 54). ..... Try being female too.

I hope you get back with us, and maybe someone here can jump in with more info on laser surgery for BC.

Good luck,
Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne