Brand new here, with a stupid question.

14 years 1 month ago #30294 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic Brand new here, with a stupid question.
Once again Mike shows his expertise which is why he is so appreciated here.
Years and years and years is correct and I can't wait till I can say that I've moved beyond the 3 mo checks as he described in that progression.
Thanks Mike

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #30289 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Brand new here, with a stupid question.

Vi: Great lessons learnded from Ann!

On the one above, I would amend it to say:

Finally, that you can live years, and years, and years, and years with this as long as you keep up with the 3mo/6mo/12mo checkup schedule.

The checkups may be a pain and may be a constant reminder but they are a fairly small investment to make in the rest of your life.

:)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 1 month ago #30287 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic Brand new here, with a stupid question.
I still consider myself a newby as well and have learned that there really is no question that is stupid. You will get lots of great advice here from people who have amazing knowledge.
I had a low grade papillary tumor and am now in the check up stages as well.
One piece of advice from Ann that has really helped me is to remember that everyone here is at a difference place with this cancer. Learn all you can about your stage, but don't borrow trouble that you may never experience. Finally, that you can live years with this as long as you keep up with the 3mo checks.

Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

14 years 1 month ago #30284 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Brand new here, with a stupid question.
Yes, Welcome...
Nancy is right, there are NO dumb questions...

You are smart to have questions; all too often when people hear the word cancer, especially after being told not to worry, they are more than happy to try to forget it. There are those who don't wish to know anything more than they absolutely have to know, and the kind like us here on the forum, who want and feel the need to have additional information, for our own peace of mind and best welfare.

Yes, you are in a better position than many on this site but very wise to take the risk and ask the questions...there are people here who have experience and wisdom and more than kind to help you find answers. So, again, welcome! Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 1 month ago #30283 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Brand new here, with a stupid question.
Just wanted to say welcome to the club, but I wish you did not have to join. B) It is hard being young and told you have this disease. Every one thinks of it as an old man's disease. I am neither old, nor a man. :woohoo: I was 38 when I was diagnosed and that was considered young.

Sorry that you are having to deal with this, but know that we are here for you. If you have any questions just let me know or email me.

Wishing you the best.

Webs

14 years 1 month ago #30278 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Brand new here, with a stupid question.
Here is the link to my map of the bladder cancer journey that George referred to.

I hope you stay in the low-grade, watchful waiting path and don't get into any others.

Map of the Journey

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne