i cannot sleep because of my cancer came back

14 years 2 months ago #30075 by Andy
Definitely get a second opinion, it can be a life saver! I also am working with Dr. Hafez at UM Cancer Center and think the world of him, as does my wife. A bladder cancer expert and a real gentleman to boot. Good luck and keep us informed.

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #30070 by Humpy
Patricia wrote:
+1

Doctor Wood or Doctor Hafez. I have Dr. Hafez, and am thrilled with him.

Everything will be OK.

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

14 years 2 months ago #30068 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic i cannot sleep because of my cancer came back
The way you cope is by being informed. Let the light in and get all the facts about your particular recurrence. See a top doc at a major facility and you will be on here 8 yrs from now just as i am and i don't even have a bladder. You have to be dilligent. You have great support from your sister. Talk to her and stay informed....don't close the curtains or stick your head in the sand.
Pat

14 years 2 months ago #30057 by gijosephine
Replied by gijosephine on topic i cannot sleep because of my cancer came back
my sister found this site for me it is so hard to talk about cancer in any form. i just want to cope. somehow get the light to shine again.

this is where i need to be

14 years 2 months ago #30011 by GKLINE
I gotta' weigh in on this and welcome you to this forum. We LOVE to talk about it. Most of us find this forum a great place for information and advice.
We also find this a great shoulder to "let it all out on." There are loads of people who read this site and don't type a reply, but they are just like you. concerned, scared, mad and self concious.
As the nurse said, on my very first visit to the urologist,
"You lose all your inhibitions in here honey" and then she laughed away my fears that it was all going to end.

You have found a great group of survivors here.
You are NOT going to Die from this disease
You can be mildly peeved about it. OK OK you can be really PISSED OFF! ( I love that one)
You are amoung friends, and friends can handle the tough times along with the good.

Now.... Get a good night's sleep. We'll be here tomorrow.
George ;)

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 2 months ago #30010 by cljjlk
I also want to lend my support and eco the others that encourage you to not be too despondent with the reoccurrence. I too have been through a similar roller coaster ride. I was diagnosed in 2005 with low grade non-invasive. The first year I had two reoccurrences and then I went almost another 18 months before my next. If you will read a few of the forum entries here, you will find that most of us have had one or more reoccurrences. I have now had a total of five reoccurrences since my original diagnosis and TURBT. I like to remember what my Uro. told me back at the very beginning. BC does not have to be a death sentence, but rather it is just a pain in the butt. We all hate the emotional roller coaster ride and definitely dislike the Cysto’s. However, I count my lucky stars that mine is still non-invasive. Please continue to come here to gain support, but also lend your support to some of the new individuals that have been newly diagnosed. Keep the positive attitude; it does help in the long run.

Hugs & Prayers
Chuck :)

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne