The map of the journey--Andy

14 years 1 month ago #30203 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic The map of the journey--Andy
Andy: good luck! I know you made the right decision, I was where you are now about 3 months ago. I just finished my 3 month check-up and feel fantastic. The best part is that I don't have cancer anymore and constant worry of it hanging around the back of your mind. If you need anything or have questions: just post it and there are enough of us here with the experience of having been through it that I'm sure you will find answers to any worries.

All the best to you and your wife...

Rudy
The topic has been locked.
14 years 1 month ago #30202 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic The map of the journey--Andy
With your good attitude........ You can't miss! We are right there with you and praying just for you.
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
14 years 1 month ago #30199 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic The map of the journey--Andy
I'm scheduled for March 2nd at UM. Apprehensive for sure but also know it's the right decision. My surgeon is great and my wife and I both are confident of a great outcome. We know it will be tough but are ready to get on with it. Thanks for everyone's support!

Andy
14 years 1 month ago #30145 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic The map of the journey--Andy
Hi Andy;

I would be happy to keep in touch if it will help you out at all. I know you said it may take about three weeks to get your
surgery. For me it was about the same, but once i had made up my mind to have the surgery, I just wanted to get in and get it done! Any Questions you my have that I can answer for you, I would be more then happy.
We live in Salem, OR. It's about 50 miles south of Portland.
Wishing you the best.
Duke
14 years 1 month ago #30144 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic The map of the journey--Andy
Thanks Duke!

Glad you're feeling better. I'm preparing myself for a rough road, but it's better than the alternative. Lets keep in touch, I appreciate hearing about your experience. Where in Oregon? My sister is in Portland. Andy
14 years 1 month ago #30141 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic The map of the journey--Andy
Andy, I just wanted to let you know that i just had the neo-bladder surgery. I'm about 50 days out from it right now. The first month was not very good, well to be honest it was bad, but the last couple weeks things have gotten a lot better. I am now doing some exercising,eating good, and feeling a lot better.
Have been following your forum and hoping everything goes well
for you and your wife.
Duke
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne