Pat - Any new info. on test results?

14 years 2 months ago #29658 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Pat - Any new info. on test results?
Pat...that IS good news. Estrogen receptor positive has a MUCH better prognosis than not!!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #29657 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Pat - Any new info. on test results?
Dearest Pat:
Since you spoke of treatment at Sloan-Kettering for your bladder, I assume NYC is accessible to you. Have you consulted anyone at MSK about the breast cancer?
My mother-in-law was cared for for her breast cancer at Columbia University by J. Gregory Mears tel: 212 305-3506 and did reasonably well for a while, even with liver mets.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

14 years 2 months ago #29656 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Pat - Any new info. on test results?
yes estrogen and progesterine positive...HER 2 negative. Can't imagine where any estrogen is coming from..i guess my thyroid took over that job when they took everything else out.
Its just that i don't know the next step?
I must have brought in some pretty bad kharma from a past life huh? Yeah..going through the "Why Me" stage and going over all the things i didn't do right in my life. I grew up with a Father who said things like...God will pay you back. I never knew exactly what for but i was certainly under the impression that i was a difficult child but when i compare it to what kids today get into i think i was pretty tame. I didn't smoke, do drugs, have sex til i was 21....good thing i waited on the sex front as i found out i really liked it :silly: Married a closet abuser who seemed like the greatest guy in the world to everyone else but knocked me around pretty silly and convinced me i was to blame...but after 22 stitches in my heel after having a chair thrown at me also convinced me that maybe i wasn't the bad guy. OK now i'm writing a novel.......sorry.

Pat

14 years 2 months ago #29654 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Pat - Any new info. on test results?
Pat, you can DO this. You have been such an inspiration to so many of us!
Was the tmor estrogen receptor positive?

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

14 years 2 months ago #29652 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Pat - Any new info. on test results?
Pat,

So sorry all this crap is hitting you. I hope that you and the medical team are able to come up with some solutions.

I am certainly hoping that they did, in fact, get it all.

This sucks beyond words.

Mike
:(

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 2 months ago #29651 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Pat - Any new info. on test results?
Its just so much like my bladder cancer initial diagnosis...small 1cm tumor..looked inocuous.....ended up T2a
Breast cancer little over 1cm ..was both ductal with lobular components but all taken out with clean margins. Then the path comes back...of 3 sentinel nodes 2 clean..one nasty mean one with extracapsular extension......who knows where that has gone?? Maybe i got lucky and it was the only one and its all out but i never get that lucky. Samples still at Genome in CA and Vanderbilt. From what i'm reading the gold standard is to go back in and take all those nodes...problem is you can't see them anyway so whats the freakin point? I could opt for radiation to the axilla area but i need a really good expert on that as its on the left side and i'm, of course, reading crap about heart involvement. I'm down to 120 lbs and chemo just not an option for me...i'm sure it would kill me. I'm allergic to to many meds. So i'm sad and feeling sorry for myself and wondering what my next step is...hit major breast cancer center and get a protocol or just jump off the bridge. Plus now i have neurophathy by my left armpit where the cut was made for sentinel.....whoopie.
i'm so sorry for taking up space in a bladder cancer forum but i do appreciate your support. Gals don't forget your mammograms...i'm the Poster Child for that!
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne