SURGERY TOMORROW

14 years 3 months ago #29561 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic SURGERY TOMORROW
Dear Pat. I know we cannot possibly fill the void. ( I wouldn't begin to know how) I don't know if words can express the need for a strong copilot through cancer. Your words were like a rifle shot through me. I have always had a take charge attitude because my wife will pick me up every time I get thrown down. I don't know how I could do it without her support.

My wish for you is SUPPORT. Yes, from us, but also from someone right there with you! Someone who will agree with you when you need it; and someone who will kick you in the proverbial ass when necessary. Please be on the lookout for this true friend.

While we would like to fulfill this role, you need a true flesh and blood shoulder to lean on. My New Year Wish is for you to find this friend.

Until then, we need you to pour yourself out when you feel you need it.. We will listen.

With love
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #29560 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic SURGERY TOMORROW
Hi Pat,
Can I add my belated best wishes for your swift recovery,
Diane

14 years 3 months ago #29553 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic SURGERY TOMORROW
The biggest concern is not having support as you go through this. Sounded like you had someone with you that kept the humor going in the hospital. Those are not the ones doing all the research or living it though.

Although there are so many people here that are "here for you" it is a shame and frustration to me that we can't do more. Especially since you are one of the most prominent role models on this site.

You don't know me from Adam and I have not been here for long, but if you ever need someone to vent with let me know and I'm sure there are others as well. While that doesn't help with all you are concerned about right now, I hope it helps.

Vi

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary

14 years 3 months ago #29548 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic SURGERY TOMORROW
No its not amazing enough. I have a stupid cancer that has snuck up on me because of all the exposure to CT scans i skipped my mammograms. I'm going through the same stages as when i was first diagnosed with bladder cancer...i cried so much thinking about not watching my children and their children grow..and i worried over my husband who when i met him had a gallon of milk and Hersheys chocolate syrup in the fridge..thats it...cleanest kitchen i'd ever seen. I could have never done all that i did without his support.
And i lost him 3 yrs ago and i still miss him...still talk to him...still put his NY Times Book Review page on his chair every Sunday.
I've lost all my support and the journey alone is a difficult one. I haven't made all the right decisions and now i have to back track to try to stay alive and somehow rev up the impetious in me to move forward.
Pat

14 years 3 months ago #29541 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic SURGERY TOMORROW
Yes AMAZING! But Amazing doesn't seem to be Amazing enough.

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 3 months ago #29533 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic SURGERY TOMORROW
Pat,

You are simply amazing! :)

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne