Diagnosis for spreading?

14 years 3 months ago #29336 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Diagnosis for spreading?
CT scans and MRI's both have their positives and negatives but in your case Vagu for the lungs
CT is far superior at visualizing the lungs and organs in the chest cavity between the lungs. MRI is not a good tool for visualizing the chest or lungs at all.

Ct scan is very good at picking up enlarged lymph nodes also regarding bladder scans.
Pat
The topic has been locked.
14 years 3 months ago #29334 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Diagnosis for spreading?
Perhaps I should have said, CT is not the most useful tool to look for bladder cancer, or not the definitive test." If you see it on CT, you still need the TURB. If you don't see it on CT, which is common, and you suspect it, at the least you need a cystoscopy.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician
14 years 3 months ago #29327 by rabyrd
Replied by rabyrd on topic Diagnosis for spreading?
I had a PET scan where they found an unrelated atypical carcinoid tumor in my lung - had to be removed via lobectomy.
Also a retrograde pyelogram at the last TURB-T to look at the ureters and kidney from the inside. All clear.

I have had 6 TURB-T's in the last 18 months due to recurrence of high grade non-invasive tumors in the bladder.

Rebecca
14 years 3 months ago #29324 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Diagnosis for spreading?
Maybe it depends on the type of CT the institution has...mine is in 3D.....it picked up my one single tumor which was quite small.
pat
14 years 3 months ago #29323 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Diagnosis for spreading?
CT is looking for metastases (spread). It is not a useful tool to diagnose bladder cancer.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician
14 years 3 months ago #29322 by vgau
Replied by vgau on topic Diagnosis for spreading?
My tumor did not show up on the CT scan. They only found it when they did a cysto.

Dx 10/5 Non Invasive Papillary
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne