What i\'ve learned so far......???

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #28445 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic What i\'ve learned so far......???
So for that 3 bazillion dollars put into breast cancer research..i just read an article that stated a buttom mushroom will kill breast cancer cells.......Well..maybe this is a bit simplistic but Hey why not just make a little incision and put in a button mushroom for a couple of days? Makes absolutely good sense to me:P
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #28376 by alsimons
Replied by alsimons on topic What i\'ve learned so far......???
I will be watching and waiting to hear good news and get the circulation back into all my crossed extremities. Pat and I are thinking of you.
Al

14 years 5 months ago #28354 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic What i\'ve learned so far......???
Pat, Even in the midst of this new challenge, you maintain a sense of humor and I have to laugh...it's either that or cry, to think you now have this new struggle...after all this time. I'm sure Hal is jealous and rightfully so. I hope all of this mess is soon behind you and your Hal is back as the center of attention. Hugs :kiss:

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

14 years 5 months ago #28350 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic What i\'ve learned so far......???
Best of luck AT MSK, Pat. It can be a great place, and I hope they do well by you. No one is more deserving of some kind of good break!

I grew up in the neighborhood, 68th St. and 2nd Ave., and went to elementary school across the street from MSK (PS 183, and it's still there). We used to be able to see the kids in the hospital over there from the upper floor classroom windows. Very sad, as back in that era, 1950s, treatments for a lot of the cancers kids got were not very advanced.

Wishing you all the best in your new battle.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

14 years 5 months ago #28348 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic What i\'ve learned so far......???
I just wanted to throw my best wishes into the pot. Stir them around and hope the brew can bring a cure for you.
My Prayers are with you
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 5 months ago #28346 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic What i\'ve learned so far......???
Pat,
Here in the UK the 'gold' standard post lumpectomy is 15 sessions of radiotherapy to the entire breast area(with weekends off for good behaviour!) followed by 4 sessions of more targeted radiotherapy to the tumour site. if you have a mastectomy then you get to skip the radiotherapy. Chemotherapy is recommended first depending on your tumour type. I met several ladies who did not get chemo but, of course Muggins had to have it as my tumour was triple negative which is said to respond best to chemo!
At least with both treatments I only live a few miles away from the regional cancer centre for the North West of England so there was not too much travelling involved. The whole performance was bad enough without having to consider hours of travel on top of it all.
I am still waiting for the outcome following my bone scan. has the cancer spread to my bones and, if it has, which primary did it come from. I heard yesterday that they will be discussing me again at the MDT on Thursday regarding whether or not I'll have a bone biopsy. Grrr!!!! JUST MAKE A DECISION!
To top it all - I have yet another UTI (back on Cipro) and Honey died on Sunday. Life is not fair!!
Betsy Mae

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne