I did not leave out a thing;
blcforum.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1158754935

and I'll answer ANY question...
I wish you all the best!

Believe in yourself,
Mike
T1-G3, CIS
RC w/ Neobladder 8/22/06

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2809 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Neo Bladder surgery
Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, and congrats with finishing the chemo regimen.

There are some good discussion about life with a neobladder in response to a man's questions, to be found here in this thread:
blcforum.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1164662492

There are lots more similar discussions on the forum, check under 'invasive bladder cancer' as well. Don't hesitate to contact someone privately if they seem to have the answers you're looking for.

Please take a look at Linda Weyand's information that is posted on top of the 'invasive blc' section as well, she gives a lot of good tips on the different types of diversions.

The website also covers many aspects of cystecomy, have you looked at these pages:
blcwebcafe.org/cystectomy.asp

Any type of bladder removal surgery comes with its own set of challenges and noboby will tell you its easy, but..it is definitely survivable, the human spirit is amazingly resillient and we are stronger than we can ever imagine. There's a definite learning curve, but you'll find it's not as bad as you probably expect.

I hope you're going to a good place that does lots of neobladders as experience counts for a lot in this game.

Take care,
Wendy

17 years 3 months ago #2802 by bubbett
Neo Bladder surgery was created by bubbett
Hello, everyone, My name is Ron and I was diagnosed in June with stage 3 bladder cancer. I have gone thru tumor removal and 12 weeks of chemo. I am now scheduled for bladder and prostrate removal with a new neo bladder in a few weeks. I would appreciate any input from survivors in the Western Washington area about Hospitals and Surgeons. I am not sure this is the right procedure for me. I really would appreciate any input that I could get. I have only had 1 biopsy done in July on the bladder wall. I have not had any prostrate or lymph biopsies.

Thanks so much and God Bless
Ron G
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne