Need more info

14 years 8 months ago #27035 by techguy2
Replied by techguy2 on topic Need more info
Thanks Pat. I will try to find out more. Currently we are talking to our insurance to go for 2nd opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #27030 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Need more info
Mike will your insurance allow you to go to the Cleveland Clinic which is right on the border of Michigan. Its #2 in Urology and they are right up there with kidney transplants and bladder cancer......You might check out their web site...its easy to navigate and people are more than willing to answer your questions if you phone their toll free number.
www.ccf.org
Top uro's include Campbell and Stephenson.
Pat

14 years 8 months ago #27026 by techguy2
Replied by techguy2 on topic Need more info
I am in Michigan. Thank you for the help.

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #26993 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Need more info
Mike...its rare but it happens...and the course of action is the same as if there was no renal transplant.

www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347(05)62419-6/abstract

cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=15554790

Don't know where you are located but UCSF probably has one of the largest kidney transplant teams in the country and also have great teams for bladder cancer. Since your wife is Stage 2 meaning invasive it means the bladder needs to come out. There are many diversions..neobladder..i prefer the Indiana Pouch for women. and the ileal conduit.
But tell me where you're located and i can better direct you if you have a choice of where to go.
Pat

14 years 8 months ago #26983 by techguy2
Need more info was created by techguy2
My wife just recently dignose with Stage 2. She has kidney transplant 5 yrs ago.

I need more information regarding optional treatment for post renal transplant patient. Any help is greatly apprecieated.

Thanks in advance.

:(

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne