A Newbie

18 years 1 month ago #339 by KIRKWOODRES
Replied by KIRKWOODRES on topic A Newbie
I AM ALSO A NEWBIE AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BC EXACTLY A YEAR AGO. SO FAR SO GOOD-- NO RECURRENCE THANK GOD!!! I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU AS THIS CANCER SITUATION IS PRETTY SCARY.

SINCERELY

TOM TROUT
ST. LOUIS, MO

AGE 54 ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #263 by mildew
A Newbie was created by mildew
:-X
Well I am newly diagnosed with Bladder CA albeit low grade although I don't know much about the grading. I have learned heaps already by reading tales from the trenches and lots of background info on this site. I had bowel CA 10 years ago which was cured by surgery and chemo with no recurrences to date (touch wood). I have a gene mutation which predisposes me to bowel CA so hoping this does not reoccur. Every year I have a whole series of tests to make sure any recurrence is detected early and treated.

Last September one of these tests (urine) proved positive to an abnormality in the bladder and a cystoscopy confirmed a new tumour. This was removed and biopsied proving malignant. After 3 months I had another cystoscopy to check for recurrences and sure enough there was another tumour. This has been removed and tomorrow I start the first of 6 weekly treatments with BCG to wash the bladder. Hopefully this will knock any future occurences on the head.

I am trying to remain positive and know that it was the preventative testing that diagnosed this thing so I am cautiously optimistic about a good outcome.

I am 54 years old and male and believe I still have my best years in front of me so am determined to focus on beating this thing.

Just needed to share my experience with others and I will update progress later.

Thanks for listening to my story and keep up the great work. What a tremendous support group this is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne