A Newbie

18 years 3 days ago #389 by wildbill
Replied by wildbill on topic A Newbie
Man o man this is good too hear that we can come and talk about what is going on too us and too know that we will all be fine because we have each other . i have 8 grandchildern and 4 greatgrandchildern and iam only 50 . yes we all will beat this yes we will... ;D ;D ;D ::)

Bill H
dob 4-19-1955
Live in la.ca
Plumber 1972----forever
12 grandkids
5 great grandkids

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 years 4 days ago #386 by mildew
Replied by mildew on topic A Newbie
Yes I am thanks Esther but you are always a little aprehensive with these things. Stay positive and as I said focus on life's niceities particularly family. I spend as much time as I can enjoying my grandchildren.

Cheers

Jeff 8-)

18 years 4 days ago #385 by Esther
Replied by Esther on topic A Newbie
Thanks Jeff,

Sounds like you are doing well.
Esther

18 years 4 days ago #384 by mildew
Hi Esther

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I had bowel CA in 1996 and after an operation and 6 months of chemotherapy I beat it only to contract bladder CA last October. My advice is to have faith in your doctors but not be afraid to ask questions and seek a second opinion and a third if need be if you feel like you need it. The other thing is to focus your attention on your loved ones and above all enjoy your life which is so precious. Try not to stress although I know this is not so easy. The treatment for bladder CA these days is fantastic and if you do lots of research like I have you have a better understanding of this monster and will come to realise it can be beaten.

Thinking of you.

Jeff

18 years 4 days ago #381 by Esther
Replied by Esther on topic A Newbie
Hi Folks,

I was diagnosed with BC not quite six months ago. I have had 2 TURB's and am 2/3 of the way through my second round of BCG. Fortunatly (other than some fatigue [probably from peeing every 15 minutes for about 10 hours] the treatments have been relatively easy). My tumor is a T2, Stage 3 tumor so I guess there is a fairly high chance of reurrance.

The thing I struggle with now is how focused I am on the BIG C. I am fortunate to have a wonderful team of providers including a Urologist, a Naturopath who specializes in Oncology and an Oncologist, who said at this time I don't need to see him I have complete confidence in the team. However it is this obsessing on Cancer that seems to be getting to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Esther

18 years 2 weeks ago #340 by mildew
That's great news Tom. Let's hope we both live long healthy lives from now. ;)
Thanks for your thoughts

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne