Mononucleosis and Rashes

17 years 3 months ago #2573 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Mononucleosis and Rashes

Hi,
did you try the 'glass test' on the rash?

It would eliminate one thing.

Good luck enforcing parameters on a 17 year old ;D

Hope the move went well - just laugh at the silly woman who takes herself seriously and you might get her office as well when she stomps off ;)

Good luck.

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2564 by Mike
Yes my box is packed. I had a walk thru today with the big boss. Needless to say I am not impressed. The director of the space where our new location is going to be was........ummm......for lack of a better word........a total PILL :-[

I don't think she has ever laughed or varied from her very monotone mundane self in decades. Putting her and I in the same state is like mixing oil and water......which I can handle....as long as I am on top ;)

Of course in the big scope of things this is minor.

I banished the 17 year old to strict bed rest. He in turn morphed into a begging pathetic loves me so much please let him go out I'll do anything you ever ask me to do for the 508 years child......NOPE! :-/

Still wondering how this whole fever/rash event will play out for Mr C .......we'll see ::)

17 years 4 months ago #2547 by Mike
Hi,

well done - you manage this Forum like a who dun it but we sure get clues! New symptoms EVERY day!

OK so Honourable Son Two (should that be Horrible!) has got Glandular Fever - 17? goes with the territory. Overdoing life and a bit of stress (suppressed) that'll do it - what 17 year old shouldn't be over doing life ;)

Try the glass test on Mr. Woodie just to eliminate the very low likelihood of Meningitis - so unlikely as to be laughable but he does seem to make a joke of the rule book!

I hope you are sleeping and eating properly looks like you have a road ahead. Now I know why you would settle for a 27 year old with cash - its the cash that makes it more acceptable than your friends kids ::) :o

Is your world in the cardboard box ready for the move to the padded cell in the morning? Have you thought of overtime and renting a ward at work for the family on a discount for quantity basis :-/

Keep laughing and know your hands are warm ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2544 by Mike
Mononucleosis and Rashes was created by Mike
Teenage child number two went to the doctor today after missing two days of school and not feeling well.   ::)

Doc called hubby at home while I was at work--He's got the kissing disease.  Mono..........ick   :-*

Teenage child number one had it about 3 years ago and was down for the count for about three months.  He had a real time kicking it.   :(

I also had scheduled a doc visit for hubby as he has a nasty red hot rash progressing on his arm.  Doc was puzzled.  Marked it's outline.  Wants to see if it spreads or stays the same in a 24 hour period.   :-?

I have been fearful with all this poking probing IV's surgeries irrigations that MRSA would appear in a new location.  Doc said it's possible but he is on Bactrim right now so he is somewhat covered.  

So I am still monitoring the fever which has been only low grade for the last 24 hours or so.  I asked the doc if he was susceptible to contracting the mono if his immune system is low from all else happening.  He said highly unlikely..........but as it has been said time and time again.......my husband is anything but a "textbook" patient.  ::)

[smiley=bath.gif]  I have been sanitizing mode since I got home.  Broke out the plastic silverware for the kid and the plastic cups and threatened to cut his lips off if he drinks out of the containors of any of the beverages.  Such a nasty habit but I catch them every once in a while  >:(

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne