Anger.!!!!

14 years 11 months ago #25209 by britt
Replied by britt on topic Anger.!!!!
It would be nice to have a litle pleasure in my food. Now for me eating is a maintanance issue only. I have to force food down. Except for chicken and trukey Id be pretty much a veratarian. Ive gone 2 weeks w/o solid foods as between swallowing problems and andd lack of appetitite Im lucky to force down an Ensure or 2 a day.
As far as beer, I hope never to find out. I did have an alcohol problem that I couldnt lick. One day, 3 years ago i just lost the desire and havent had a drop since. I thank God for that everyday! I think now a hangove would kill me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #25206 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic Anger.!!!!
Hi, Britt

My Uro, on my 1st office visit, after my Cysto said the following to me and meant it. "If you want me to help you, you must help yourself"
He had me checked 1 week later to see if I had quit smoking. I did quit cold turkey the day he told me. It was hell for 3 weeks, but as I look back, I am very thankful to him. I had tried to quit smoking for ten years, always made it 3-4 days, but always went back. The only trouble I have found, is that food tastes way too good now(lol) But thank god, beer tastes just as good without the cig.
I wish you all the best,

Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

14 years 11 months ago #25205 by britt
I am in the process of quitting my smoking. I start cessation classes in 10 days and plan on going cold from then on. Ive tried a number of times but seem to be one who has trouble but I am motivated now.
I cant see the uro refusing treatment! That would definately be a breech of ethics! Willhe allow the cancer to go unchecked? It doesnt seem reasonable. I know from my experience that some healt care workers are Nazis about it. I had one nurse say that I should be refused treatment because I smoked.
Now Im left with the VA to take over my care for now. Im going along with them until we get the results from my next cysto.

14 years 11 months ago #25200 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic Anger.!!!!
What luck! He left his practice and you get to find a new doctor who will give you the care you need and be respectful to you.

BTW, I have a fellow Bladder Cancer friend whose urologist would not do any surgery or treatment until he quit smoking. You may find the same thing as you go looking for a new uro.

Keep us posted in your quest.

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

14 years 11 months ago #25166 by britt
The more I think about i the more it upsets me. Why did he have to try and make my life more dofficult? On top of it all the man is absolutely without medical ethic! I had me second post procedure vistit with hime and he informed me that do to my health issues the cysto would be done in surgery every time and he was going to continue my treatment. The next week I couldnt find him. He had shut his practice down and joined a medical group 120 mi away! He never tried to contact me,\\. After finally tracking him down he didnt even rember me and he had left all my record behind in his old oddice! I asked what I was to do and was told I needed another dr! No appology for the inconvience just annoyance for having to deal with an expatient. Now as I said Im stuck with VA and very concerned!

14 years 11 months ago #25154 by alsimons
Replied by alsimons on topic Anger.!!!!
I got angry just reading it..........good luck in getting it cleared up.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne