How long before you RC?

14 years 11 months ago #25041 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic How long before you RC?
rabryd......Most Ta tumors are of low or medium grade (G1 or G2), rarely progress, and are associated with a favorable prognosis whereas high grade Ta (TaG3) and T1 tumors represent a significant risk of tumor progression.
Here's an article...go all the way down to Discussion...see if that makes any sense.......its a tough read.
www.actasurologicas.info/v30/n10/ENG/3010OR05.htm
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #25039 by rabyrd
How long before you RC? was created by rabyrd
Just had a follow-up cysto - last TURB was Feb 4, 2009 and the tumor was TaG3 and followed by one instillation of Mitomycin. First TURB was August, 2008 and was also TaG3 and was followed by 6 BCG treatments. Today, after only 60 days, we saw at least 3 small distinct tumors in new places and 1 possible in the scar tissue from the first TURB. Uro is scheduling me for another TURB with Mitomycin follow-up and also a percutaneous lithotomy (have a large stone that can't be crushed and is causing significant pain).

If the pathology comes back G3 again and is still Ta, then the Uro and I will have to make a decision about whether to RC or not since best practices suggest sooner rather than later for RC with aggressive tumors. Of course, if it is muscle invasive, it would be a no brainer.

Curious about others experiences with frequently recurring high grade Ta or T1 tumors. Did you RC or did you wait it out to see if they quit recurring so frequently? Don't want to lose my bladder, but I would certainly choose that over having a metastatic prognosis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne