My Pathology Report came back AND.....

15 years 3 weeks ago #24861 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic My Pathology Report came back AND.....
Dean,

GREAT NEWS!!!! So happy to hear it. It's pretty much what your uro expected so that's a good thing. Sounds like you have a great doc. The fact that he called on Sunday and that he said he will watch it like a hawk are some good indicators.

Best of luck going forward!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #24832 by deand
Replied by deand on topic My Pathology Report came back AND.....
Absolutely agree with you and I am all over it as is my doc. I will undergo scope testing every 90 days like clockwork to make sure this doesnt grow back and if it does, it is coming out. What my doc said specifcally though was that pathology couldnt find any cancer at all in the tumor or surrounding margins. But he did say we are going to watch it like a hawk.

I appreciate the support and like everything, I am going to hit this thing head on...

Dean

15 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 9 months ago #24828 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic My Pathology Report came back AND.....
Thats great Dean but from what i've read it still needs careful observation and not all seem to be on board with it....

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18815924?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_
ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_
RA&linkpos=5&log$=relatedreviews&logdbfrom=pubmed

www.pathologycasereviews.com/pt/re/pathcr/abstract.00132583-200807000-00006.htm;jsessionid=JQHdFH3BZRvMzp6WVpYLQcT729kctjm
JBnsvxSRc47bF101WvRNn!728623284!181195629!8091!-1

Your doctor seems to be on top of it all.
Pat

15 years 3 weeks ago #24823 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic My Pathology Report came back AND.....
Glad to year about your news - with a pretty good frequency of recurrence, even with benign tumors, still a nuisance. But one I would rather have.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

15 years 3 weeks ago #24818 by deand
Surgeon called today (Sunday, kind of weird) and wanted to let me know the pathology report came back and I have "Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant Potential" (PUNLMP). He told me that they pretty much consider these kinds of tumor's benign but they are also indeterminate in that they could turn malignant or could come back. But he did say that my path labs showed absolutely no malignancy! He said it was a very very small tumor.

I get scoped in 3 months just to make sure nothing is growing and will follow that routine, but there is nothing else he wants to do right now besides watch it.

As I read on line (not a ton of info on PUNLMPs), these tumors are not typically malignant, but do come back 50% of the time - so probably more TURBs are in my future.

You know, I am obviously very happy with this report, but at the same time I am extremely humbled to know about all of your guy's issues and you not getting the same kind of news. It really saddens me and I wish you guys havent had to go through all that you have. I will continue to check in on you guys and you will all be in my prayers. This is a fantastic site and you guys can never imagine how much support you have been to me since I heard the word "tumor". You have been unbelievable and I cannot thank you enough.

God Bless

Dean

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne