Dr, are you sure?

17 years 1 month ago #3837 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Dr, are you sure?
OMG what a coincidence here I just saw that Peter Pan one serial # is being recalled for salimanilia. What's with these suppliers we went thru the produce ordeal and then Taco Bell had their thing to deal with people getting food poisoning. Now it's getting to point you just never know what is going to be next but I'm still eating lol ;) just not what I know may be bad. Best Wishes To All, Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #3832 by joanie
Replied by joanie on topic Dr, are you sure?
Have a community well they do test and send results I have not drank the water for a few years it tastes so bad lots of chemicals. The well is located at the end of my road about 1/4 of a mile.
The people a little closer to the base have a different water system were told not to drink the water it was contaminated something from the base about 3 years ago then said it was all cleaned up now they have told them once again dont drink the water and have extended it futher. I dont trust any of the water companies buy spring water heavan only knows if that is safe.
Dark chocolate sounds good ;)

17 years 1 month ago #3808 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Dr, are you sure?
Fallon.....i can't believe your statistics in your neighborhood.....nevermind the peanut butter....Its Peter Pan by the way. Do you suppose they knocked off the doctor to deter the study!! Check the water!........I actually worked in an Oncologist office at the University here on a temp basis some years ago and he had a map of the city on the wall with red stick pins in it...indicating clusters of cancer in certain neighborhoods!! They know this exists yet get that deer in the headlight look whenever you mention it to them!
I'm going on a diet of dark chocolate...........Pat

17 years 1 month ago #3804 by joanie
Replied by joanie on topic Dr, are you sure?
I feel your frustration Pat like you I think all the chemicals that are sprayed on the food also we cooked from scratch now there are so many instant meals you juts stick in the microwave we dont know what kind of preservatives they use.
I have a batch of neighbors that have died with cancer each of my next door neighbors and the ones across from me both husband and wife all around about 18 or more neighbors they were doing some kind of research to find the cause when the doctir was hit by a car and killed sont know waht happened to the study that was about 12 years ago not sure how many have contacted cancer since.
The only thing we had in common was most all Military and living about 5 min from the base.

Have two sisters who passed away with breast cancer a sister who had cervical cancer she survived that only to die with an asthma attack. I have been treated for cancer of the vagina,my niece was being treated for cancer of the cervex while her husband was being treated for a brain tumor.

Guess I have ranted on but to end on the peanut butter discussion just checked my cupboard and found the date was the one they have recalled today maybe will not bother eating any peanut butter until they sort that out.
fallon

17 years 1 month ago #3582 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Dr, are you sure?
Remember when they thought people who had diabetes were mentally ill? Well i don't either but my doctor told me they actually put them in mental institutions at one time. I do remember when Dr. Sabin came up with the Polio vaccine as he was right here at Childrens Hospital. And i have no doubt that one day there will be a magic bullet for cancers. There's so much research going on...i just read that The Cleveland Clinic has a new trial drug that drastically reduces liver tumors.....of course they're only in mice at the moment. How come so many mice do well in trials and we don't???.. And if it works in Liver cancers why not all tumors?...Lets hope they're onto something there...that would be nice. Pat

17 years 1 month ago #3575 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Dr, are you sure?
That is a lot of cancer you are dealing with, Patricia.

I'm in there with you about frustration and sadness.  Yesterday at church it seemed like every other person on a 2 page prayer list had cancer.  Even the last preacher had to quit the pulpit because he got colon cancer really bad.  They say he got really despondent. :(  AND HE'S THE PREACHER.

The good news is, that we are still here.  And each day we can love our kids just a little more and help someone along the way who may be just a little worse off than us, or someone who just needs our help, period.  

And we can keep supporting each other and doing all we can as individuals to rid the world of this dread disease.  

There will be a cure some day and maybe even a reason.

Take good care, my buddie,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne