FISH Test Results and Upcoming Visit

15 years 2 months ago #23924 by BMU
Replied by BMU on topic FISH Test Results and Upcoming Visit
Jack, Found it! Thank you.

BM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #23923 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic FISH Test Results and Upcoming Visit
Just click forum at the top of the home page.
About 3/4 down the page, you will find articles of interest.
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

15 years 2 months ago #23922 by BMU
Pat. Thank you for the response. My Uro who was a different one from some years ago, actually instructed the Pharmacy to substitute the Caverject with Edex since Caverject was not available at that time. So I did not even have a chance to discuss the new medication with him. But anyhow, it is good to know now at least!

I am interested in reading the latest about the green light for diagnosis and the brand new urinalysis you referred to. Where exactly are they available on this forum? I seached under news, but could not locate them, nor could I find the Articles of Interest section yet. If you can send me a URl, I will appreciate it very much. I posted a general request also in case you do not see it.

Thanks again and regards,

BM

15 years 2 months ago #23921 by BMU
Thank you for all the wonderful people on the forum who reached out with a lot of useful information, reassurance, and support. Though I still dread the visit to the Urologist (not about seeing him, but about the outcome), I feel better prepared.

The FISH test seems to have a threshold of 1 cell. Since my result show 5 cells with abnormalities, it seems the natural conclusion is that this is certainly not a borderline case. I know this is just a beginning, but I am beginning to undestand the impact of the C-word now after all these years.

Anyhow, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Will keep you posted about the outcome and what the future holds.

Regards,

BU :unsure:

P.S. I have been unable to locate the Articles of Interest section to look for the brand new urinalyis test and the new diagnostic tools, but that is most certainly because I am still struggling to find my way around the site. Could someone help me find exactly where the Articles of Interest section is?

15 years 2 months ago #23920 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic FISH Test Results and Upcoming Visit
BMU,

Just to echo the others go ahead with the Cysto. It will give you a much better idea of what you are dealing with. If you are uncomfortable with the amount of information your doctor gives you, you can then get a second opinion with another doctor. We are big on second opinions. Also tell your doctor that you are uncomfortable with a quick explanation and would like him to explain things in detail. You might also want to take someone with you for the discusion phase. They will catch things you might not and the doctor might explain in more depth with an audience.

Webs

15 years 2 months ago #23902 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic FISH Test Results and Upcoming Visit
Just a note.....one of the rare side effects of Edex is swelling of a testicle...surprised your uro did not know that?
At least he's paying attention to your symptoms...some of us don't even get that. The guys are right..he should do a cysto which if he's good it won't be painful. A papillary tumor will show up...there are others which may not but there are newer diagnostic tools out there at major cancer centers like Memorial Sloan who are using a green light for diagnosis which i have posted in the Articles of Interest section and also a brand new urinalysis test which is also posted.
Not sure where you are located but when and if you want a second opinion which i think everyone should get we can guide you to the best.
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne