Risk of 5 Week Wait for Surgery

15 years 3 months ago #22932 by Lady Jane
Replied by Lady Jane on topic Risk of 5 Week Wait for Surgery
I can understand how you must be worried. Most of my surgerys ( 5 TURB"S) were given weeks after my cystoscopy. Only one was sooner as the doctor had a cancellation otherwise 5-7 weeks is pretty much the norm for me.

Hang in there and try to enjoy your holiday season.

Ta Grade 1
6 TURBS
15 BCG
dx Jan 07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #22930 by TheWife
Risk of 5 Week Wait for Surgery was created by TheWife
My husband was diagnosed on 12/5. He is scheduled for a scope and removal of tumor on Jan 22nd. Dr. advised there is one tumor he can see on ultrasound and during scope. He believes it is early stage and called it a nuisance tumor. Due to scar tissue from previous prostrate cancer and hernia surgeries he cannot confirm until he gets in there if there is indeed only one. How fast does bladder cancer tumors grow? Jan 22nd sure seems like a long time and hopefully the length of time won't create more issues? Not being the patient there are many questions I have and unfortunately I don't have direct access to the doctor. What I did ascertain from the insurance code is the tumor is a medium sized tumor. I guess we really won't know much more till after the surgery? Should I be worried about waiting five weeks for him to have it? We were told when he had his biopsies for his prostrate cancer not to worry as his PSA was still in normal range just slowly escalating and his prostrate looked healthy - only to learn that most of the biopsies were indeed cancer. Sorry if this new diagnosis has me worried and anxious to know exactly what's up. Any advice while I wait appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne