I\'m scared, please HELP!

15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #21761 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic I\'m scared, please HELP!
Dear Kathy,

I am so very sorry to hear about your FIL.

This must be a truley devastating time for you and your family. I so wish I had some answers for you but can only send my sincere well wishes for the best outcome.

Your FIL will certainly be in good hands and I am sure they will make him as comfortable as possible until they can give you some answers.

I hope that you have some positive news from the scan and that you have all the support you need from your loved ones during this time.

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #21759 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic I\'m scared, please HELP!
Kathy,

First off please know how sorry we are that your family is dealing with this. As we are not medical professional it would be hard for us to comment on what is going on with your FIL. What we can do is offer you our support and caring. The only one that can answer your questions is the medical team that is taking care of your FIL. I am sure your MIL is feeling very stressed and overwhelmed with all of this as is the whole family. Making a list of questions and finding out when the doctor that can answer them will be around or how to contact them so they can do so is your first step. Not knowing what their treatment plan is and their expectations are leaves you and your family in a place of fear and confusion from the sounds of it. Please keep us informed of what is going on and remember we are here for you and your family.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

15 years 5 months ago #21758 by Kate44
I\'m scared, please HELP! was created by Kate44
:( My FIL was diagnosed with bladder cancer late May/June, 2008. 10 years ago he had Prostate cancer and was treated with radiation. The Doctor told us the cancer woke up May/June and spread to his bladder. He said it was pinching the tubes between the kidneys and bladder. Since then he has had bags put into his kidneys. There has been problem after problem since this. Blocked tubes, severe pain where one tube is and he's tired beyond belief, his bones ache, he's feeling sick, unable to eat much. Now he is having trouble with his bowels? bleeding and can't go. Sunday night he was up half the night in the bathroom and almost ended up feeling paralyzed while in there. My MIL took him to the hospital in the morning and the Doctors now said he has a bowel obstruction, plus infection. His stomach is blotted beyond belief. They put tubes down his nose, put him anti-biotic and gave him morphine for the pain.

We went to the hospital last night and he is out from the morphine, he's clammy and white as a ghost. They also have him hooked out to a breathing machine.

Today he is stable, temperature is down and is having a CAT scan this afternoon. We are waiting for the results from this right now.

Can someone tell me what's going on better? Is he going to be okay? Please!!

Vern's very worried daughter in Law, Kathy :(

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne