experience with re-turbs at MSK

15 years 6 months ago #21502 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic experience with re-turbs at MSK
I think one of the most important things i got from this presentation is having a Re Turb and again that the skill of the surgeon can make the difference in outcome. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #21501 by kathyk
Replied by kathyk on topic experience with re-turbs at MSK
DIB, Memorial Sloan Kettering does use Pa, P0, P1, etc. then notes that they follow the 1997 UICC clinical staging system. I googled that and came up with the same TNM - tumor, node, metastisis, ie. Ta, T0, T1 etc. So to make things simpler, I would go wih the 99.9% world wide usage and substitute T for P.

If anyone is a current patient at MSK, please ask them why they use the letter P for staging instead of T, and does it really correspond to the 1997 UICC clinical staging system?

Kathy

Pat, I couldn't get my mind around your last link. All I figured out was that is was OK to put a lowercase p in front of the uppercase T for staging.

15 years 6 months ago #21500 by Patricia
Yep thats what i thought.......sorry about that...sometimes my multitasking gets mixed up........heres the link
clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/full/11/19/7012
Not that this makes it any clearer!!!:P

15 years 6 months ago #21499 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic experience with re-turbs at MSK
Pat--
That link just went to Dr. Josephson's page. However, I'm guessing from what you said in that last e-mail, that the "P" prefix might be used when reporting the stage findings from a post-cystectomy pathology exam? And would "T" be used for staging that is done through cystoscopy and TURBT pathology results? :unsure:

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

15 years 6 months ago #21498 by DIB
Replied by DIB on topic experience with re-turbs at MSK
Sorry but this City of Hope link brings me to the bio of Dr. Josephson, not anything on path findings

Male Dx T1G3 5/08 @ Age 59. TURBT 5/08; TURBT+40 mg MMC 6/08; BCG (6) 7/08-8/08; Cysto & TURBT 9/08; BCG Maint(3) 10/08, 3/09; 7/09; 11/09; 5/10; & 1/11. Clean cystos 2/09, 9/09, 3/10, & 10/10.

15 years 6 months ago #21495 by Patricia
Another set of letters confuse us......maybe this will help......it has to do with pathological findings after cystectomy
www.cityofhope.org/directory/people/josephson-david/Pages/default.aspx
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne