Possible stage 4 how to make dr move faster

17 years 5 months ago #2070 by clur
Hi
Hugs to you I can so relate to how your feeling its hard and I know your family situation is difficult.Have you another appointment to discussyour treatment?Can you get a second opinion or at least chat to your doctor about the options available to you?
Like Wendy said 4 weeks seems to be pretty much the norm.Use the time to get prepared healthy diet stopping smoking/drinking etc and to do research.You will need help for the first few weeks post op so try to organise that .
Above all be kind to yourself this is a hard journey I swing from outright panic to being in control but if I can help at all please let me know.
Love Claire x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #2069 by wendy
What a nasty way to get bad news....I'm sorry to hear this.

4 weeks is not actually that long to wait for major surgery. One way you could possibly speed it up is to ask to be on a list in case there are cancellations.

I assume you had a CT or MRI that made Dr. Lee think there may be lymph node involvement? A PET scan is often done under these circumstances to check for spread.

I hate to be the one to say it if the doctor didn't, but chemo is often recommended before surgery in case of spread. No mention of this option?

Hang in,
Wendy

17 years 5 months ago #2068 by sghipart
I am still freaking out. Fri I saw Dr. Cheryl Lee at U of Michigan. She call me on the way home to say there maybe lymph node involvement. She also said surgery wouldn't be until mid-dec. I need this out of me now. How can I motivate her to help me sooner. I have my 10 year old grandson I am raising and his mother is head injured and needs me too. I can't die just now!!!

Sandy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne