Will we be dragging a catheter home?

17 years 4 months ago #2089 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Will we be dragging a catheter home?
Hi,

I still like the idea of using the Catheter to make a houka then you can give your bong to Elaine in Indiana - I do appreciate Wendy's caveat that the folks are a bit more uptight in Indi but I'm sure they can be trained in time before they are over run with Cubans & Mexicans on the great American highway and the Halliburton labour camps!

I hope all goes well on Friday and it is reasuring that he now has his brolly up!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2080 by Mike
Hi Wendy
The urologist gave us a 'maybe yes, maybe no" answer. As you said each situation varies. Maybe I should have posted a poll! I was just trying to get an idea of the yes' out weighed the nos.......we will deal with either or.

Fresh fresh Greg--notice HE is the one with Bongs constantly on the mind??? :question

IVC Filter placement went smooth. He is resting comfortablly. This was also a day procedure.

One more damn day and POOF! cancer be gone..... [smiley=laugh.gif]

I have told the Voo Doo spirits I surrender.......let's hope life slows down for a while so we can enjoy the ride ;)

17 years 4 months ago #2075 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Will we be dragging a catheter home?
For the record, my sister had in-patient TURs, stayed the night with a cath and then went home cath free. I suppose there are variables but most places have their own way of doing things depending on the facilities, I would think. Didn't you receive information about what to expect from the uro? He/she should provide that info, it's not trivial, and best to know what to expect.
Take care,
Wendy

17 years 4 months ago #2065 by Mike

It is the least of my worries---just trying to get to know the protocol :)

17 years 4 months ago #2062 by Mike

Hi Bubbles,

think positively - you can use the catheter to make a Hooka after your husband has finished with it - when he is better he can make an exquisite carved wooden stand for it!

The best way known of sharing a bong!

As for all the fun you had with YOUR catheter at least it took your mind off the hystorectomy  >:( I do hope this isn't when you got the nick name bubbles. The Bubble on a catheter (about 10-15cc) holding it in place does make the eyes water if pulled on by mistake!

I watched a woman in urology pull hers out in a rage! One side effect of kidney damage and disease can be aggresive behaviour as toxins are not being filtered out correctly.

I think if he is having a TUR it is probable he will have a cath (make a change fom Bubbles!) for about 3 days - I am surprised that they are sending him straight home - it must be VERY minor. Unless they are reliant on your ER experience and aim to use your skills for a double catheter with flushing - I doubt it as I question the medical insurance.

IF he does come home with Cath may I suggest try not to trip over her!

ONE more Day and then a day on the edge till you are C free!

Good luck and do stop wearing out the carpets!

Regards,
Greg L-W.
PS - when you have made the houka can Elaine have one of your bongs please - she lives in Indianna so if you need a break I'm sure she'd love to meet you  ;)

17 years 4 months ago #2060 by sharon
Replied by sharon on topic Will we be dragging a catheter home?
After what we've been through the last 10 months, dragging a catheter would be the least of my worries. :-?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne