Will we be dragging a catheter home?

17 years 4 months ago #2199 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Will we be dragging a catheter home?
Hi,

I don't care who does you whittling for you at least Mr. Woodie is slowly getting back in working order - even if the blood is a bit thin!

Whilst sitting peeling graped for him as he MIGHT cut himself with the silver grape cutter, perhaps he could teach you to do the carpentry and make the stand for the houka whilst he gets the full measure of sleeping with Cath, but no playing with small skilled instruments whilst too stoned celebrating with your bong or Mother in Law will be complaining!

Glad your wee Mr. Woodie is on the road to recovery, you can get back to 'blowing' Bubbles soon enough.

I guess Mr. Woodie doesn't need to sand your nails at the moment you are probably eating them fast enough already - at least until Wednesday!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2177 by Mike

[/quote]

Hi Bubbles,

think positively - you can use the catheter to make a Hooka after your husband has finished with it - when he is better he can make an exquisite carved wooden stand for it!

[/quote]

Dear Greg,

Hubby is not allowed near any sharp tools--let's not forget he is on blood thinning medications! When he was first home after his initial MRSA hospital stay his mom bought him a block of wood, a design book and a
little wooden box with sharp whittling tools. Tsk tsk tsk........ :-[

Needless to say they are put away for now. Maybe post Coumadin he can have them back.

17 years 4 months ago #2134 by vervidj
Replied by vervidj on topic Will we be dragging a catheter home?
I came home with a catheter after TUR. It seem really strange at first, but in following the nurse's instructions it wasn't too bad. After 5 or 6 days I was at my doctors appt. and ready to take it out.
Just don't step on the hose when moving about. I think everybody does.

don (nny)

Don

17 years 4 months ago #2124 by Mike
Wow Star! What a trooper.

We use the old "cough real hard" in the ER when removing the cath. Just something about it makes me iggy. I have seen and dealt with much much worse things that most people will never do or see in their life but the cath thing.......... :-/

I will remember to double check any Coke cans laying around. Now wouldn't that be a pisser (sorry, no pun intended) ;D

17 years 4 months ago #2123 by Mike
Hi,

gives a whole new meaning to a tap on the ankle ;D

I am surprised you have a problem with removal - I have NEVER had a catheter hurt yet 8-) - I do not need to have learned but I have learned to both put a catheter in and remove one - both the drain type and the fixture type with balloon holder. Seemed like I'd need to one day so ever the boy scout!

Regarding pain - tryrotating the catheter very gently to lubricate slightly then aimed at the floor cough repeatedly as you withdraw it.

OI hope this helps and works for you.

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2114 by star
Replied by star on topic Will we be dragging a catheter home?
I can say that I freaked the first time the cath came home with me but after the the first time it truly has become easy to deal with. I now after 4 surgeries get to drag my bag every time home for three days. I admit the first time in feb 2006 I truly was overwhemed with it but it was in for 5 days. now just another apart of the recovery and waddle around till take out time and no I have not come to do it myself yet!!!!
I just shreek at the pain of it coming out but who knows maybe by my annv cancer date come feb 2007 I may actually do so.
A FUNNY- my port bag filled and before making it home had to use a coke can-learned to take that darn mini jug after that. star ::)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne