Newly Diagnosed Hubby Age 46 Surgery Nov. 17th

17 years 4 months ago #2432 by Mike

Hi,

does that mean there is also a high instance in Vicars, Nuns & Monks? ;D

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2430 by mmc
Actually, males over 40 often have enlarged prostate (according to my Dr.). I was on medication for mine at age 40. It gets more and more common the older we get.

Enlarged prostate shouldn't be a worry for cancer. It neither is an indicator or non-indicator of cancer of the prostate.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

17 years 5 months ago #2135 by Mike
Hi Bubbles,

don't get carried away - too much time on the bong.

That was Mr. Woodie The Carpenter - your husband the unknown warrior with bong baby with the hot spots! ;D

Don't get all >:( it was you who had a kicking for sleeping with Cath after a hysto ::)

Actually one person having a scan said their hot spot they went into panic because they were convinced they had peed all over the scanner!

I guess the radiographers need something to amuse them hidden in their little screened cave ;)

Do you rekon they can target the effect for amusement by speed of delivery :o

Have a great day - don't get too stoned with relief - you know how mex red or Afghan black hit more when you're happy ;)

Why do you think Bush is keeping all those troops in Afghanistan - it is just for you - the family business had to get rid of The Taliban - they were destroying the poppy crop! This year was one of the best harvests for years!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 5 months ago #2132 by Mike
I haven't reached hot flush stage buddy boy so don't be pushing it >:(

I should change my "time" on the forum to be more accurate......of course when I first came here I didn't have time on the mind.......well, I had time on the mind but I didn't have time on the mind........mmmmmmmmm. just forget it!

I kind of had a "coral reef" interpretation of my CT with contrast. I only got hot in one place ::) I felt as if my bladder had failed. Once again, I must be odd. Never heard anyone else explain it that way. Ah! but wait in watch..........they will be coming in droves to admit their "hot spot" now that I have announced mine. :)

Mr. Woodies recovery?? Silly you and your one track mind. Oh, and thanks for wishing the hubby well. :P

Sincere thanks for the postive thoughts :-*

17 years 5 months ago #2129 by Mike
Hi Bubbles,

The CT was as e v e r strange - then again you would probably know more about hot flushes than me ;D

I took my wife's car because mine was waiting for Derek to 'tinker with it' for me - why whenever I get in a car and I'm running late is it out of gas? :-/

Filled it up which was £32.00 as it is a tiny weenie Peugeot many many moons old - cars bore me these days - I've got a Renault about 18 years old! I was luck had all the right ones as a kid and got speed out of the system - Alpha 2600 GT; Ford Mustang 4.1/2litre, Ford Le Mans GT40, Cobra, S3 Bentley, Valiant barraccuda etc. etc. Got pulled on the M1 north of London doing 208 mph in about 1968 or 9! Johannesburg 185mph on Louis Botha Avenue & 155mph near Tugella North of Durban.
Only ever booked once in USA only 110mph in Nebraska - heading up to Wyoming and the Grand Tetons as I recal.

So I tend not to worry about statistics I'm still alive! I've been at the wrong end of fire arms too often to count and still no holes!

Well the CT was fun _ I pitched up stripped of, suntered in in one of those steeeupid hospital gowns. Hop on the machine and asked what his brief was and he said rib cage - OK ;) are you open to bribes and he smiled and said what do you mean - I explained I would supply the body would he mind supplying the machine and doing down to the bladder ;)

Boringly he has to have Doctors OK for that dosage so we reaqched a compromise to include liver, kidney bed and down to the belly button 8-) I explained it was for no real reason - just peace of mind and he was chatty and understanding but said he was unlikely to find a peace of mind there but if he did I was in real trouble! ;D

When they banged in the Iodine it was wierd (you probably remember it a bit like a good hit on your bong ;) ). Last time there was no effect but this time the inside of my ears, my colon and my heals felt like they were full of hot Champagne - hot and bubbling - lasted about 40 seconds and was gone.

After several passes I went to sit up and he smiled and said toooo fast - I was suddenly slightly dizzy and weak but there again only for about 60 seconds. I popped onto a couple of wards to say hi to nurses who I have come to know and then sauntered into the urology department where over 7 years I know most of the staff - the drove the 20 miles home.

I'll get the results via my own doctor in a week or two.

I do hope all goes well today (my time 01.00hrs.) tomorrow your time - there is one unarguable way in which the Americas are backward! About 7 hours ::)

I will be thinking of both of you (all 3 if Cath comes home with you ;D )

Friends of ours have just inherited a place down near Yeovil in Somerset (look it up on Google BA20 2RX (postcode / zip) built in 1612 with over 20 bedrooms and grounds with 10 other properties and woodland and a river - some get all the luck!

Don't get too stoned in my absence as I still have to be sure you send the bong to Elaine when you have made the houka and Mr. Woodie has carved the stand! 8-)

The best way for Mr. Woodies recovery is loads of TLC an :-* :-* :-* - no risk of dislodging clots if Cath is there :'( ;) :)

Take care of each other it will all be an ugly memory to laugh about by Christmas 8-)

STOP worrying it is bad for the carpet :o Don't worry about statistics - life is very WYSIWYG now enjoy!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 5 months ago #2125 by Mike
How was the CT Greg? Did you have contrast? That is a very strange feeling........ :)

I did get some info on the cytology report. Sqamous cells......and lots of them. I did a little research and, as all of you well read experienced forum members probably know, squamous cell bladder cancers account for approximately 6% of all bladder cancers. We can never just be the norm in this house ::)

Interestingly enough, I do remember 3 times that Hubby went to the doc for something unconnected to urine or bladder issues but because he was there (I can count on one hand the number of times he has gone to the doctor and I still have my thumb left over! That of course was pre MRSA and DVT and PE and BC.....) the doc did blood and urine and all three times he had a UTI that was not symptomatic. Squamous cell cancer seems to be more common in people with chronic infections and/or irritations. Sometimes I hate when the lightbulb goes off in my head! :o

One doctor I spoke with suggested that it could be a combo of transitional and squamous cell tumor. I am so lucky to have the ability to blurt these questions out to any doctor in the ER who will listen. Of course they always end the explanation with the usual disclaimer but that's okay. I have learned that we cannot assume anything and will just sit until next Wednesday for the path report. Until then I will keep acting like I have a chance to wim the million dolloar question....... ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne