update on my other problems

17 years 4 months ago #2246 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic update on my other problems

Hi,

so the lithesome lady from Lafayette rides again ;)

It is great to see you taking an interest and raising your eyes to the sun and the future. When did you last talk of 10 days away :P

I'm still waiting for your food reports or beware I'll send the Dominatrix around in her uniform :o to sort you out.

You MUST, MUST, MUST set into a routine of endlessly eating a little and often until your system is running again. Don't forget many commercial drinks contain yeasts which could be a disaster for you and although you may be dairy intollerant you can usually help your system with guaranteed natural organic yoghurt. This will put various helpfull bacteria back into your gut.

Just a spoonfull 12 hours apart.

As for your colonoscopy - no one said reclaiming your life would be fun to start with - all up hill if you want the view from the top ;)

My bet is they will find nothing of 'gross' medical significance but due to the gut problems you are likely to have lining problems, which would explain some of the symptoms, then you may have ulcerative colitis which is NOT insurmountable and as you get better by VERY carefull eating etc. this will self cure.

You WILL have bad days but they will usually be payment for over doing something previously - now that you are going to get better it is bound to be 2 steps forward and one step back.

Don't forget how long it took you to let yourself get into this mess and now at your weakest you have to work hardest to turn around >:(

Good luck - the home team is playing for you and if Bubbles over does it with her bong before giving it to you - you should see what she can do with her Pom Poms ;D

Upwards and ever onwards ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #2245 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic update on my other problems
Just a short note. Very tired today. Greg, I inadvertently did pretty much what you said by accident before I read your post. Maybe the body knows what is best sometimes.... :) I do so much appreciate all you guy's support. :-* You have been motivating me more than you know. It takes my mind off my troubles to get on here and read all your posts. ;D
I also received my bladder cancer bracelet from MD Anderson Cancer Center. It is very pretty. Teal, (my favorite color.. and the color of my eyes... ::) ) and burgundy. It has bladder cancer awareness imprinted in the band. Very nice but I still want an orange one. I wonder what the chakra color for the stomach and intestines is. Will have to check that out. ;)
When I have more energy I will post pictures. Please keep positive vibes coming my way especially Nov. 30 when they do the colonoscopy. thank you so very much, :-* :-* :-*
elaine the rugrat........... 8-)

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

17 years 4 months ago #2243 by Mike

Ya boo - I said all along it WAS a bong and modesty Bubbles denied all knowledge ;D - well she would say that wouldn't she with her MIL on the scene! :P

Is there no controlling the lass! ;) No wonder Mr. Woodie gets over excited and gets blood clots :o - we all know what happens when cheer leaders start shaking their pom poms in private or in public! ;)

Be carefull you've already told us how Mr. Carpenter got his MRSA - if only you had carpeted the kitchen or brought a rug like Elaine's ;) Whilst you test out the bong together can I suggest you get some tips on using rugs ;D No demonstartions of RugRat just yet, much as Elain wants to show the pictures :D she hasn't got energy to spare for that, yet ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2242 by Mike

Hi Elaine,

Phew - I was getting perturbed - after my hard line comments of 'kill or cure' 6 days silence!! :-/

OK so you've lost more weight but seem to have a bit more energy - try a new idea ;)

Don't eat :-? - as I feel you have so degraded your metabolism that you may not be extracting anything from food in nutrient terms :'( - merely the sugars giving energy :-/. Change the approach :o - STICK with the glutten free 'stuff' I suggested ;) and consider NO MEALS :( but a minimum of a a desert spoon FULL of something/anything glutten free every 20 minutes whilst awake :).

This can be consumed with pure water :( NOT from lead pipe or from plastic bottles >:( - both have an irritant risk >:( - either rain water boiled or water from Glass bottles :). The water can be mixed with either dextrose or glucose and twice a day with a beef, chicken or vegetable OXO cube disolved in the water. ;)

This may give your system time to relearn what it is there for! :-/ You may find you get a miniscule of of digestive process from each mouthfull ;) BUT you must NOT risk any form of experiment off track until you are clearly gaining weight ;).

Your system is now starting to act like that of an anorexic - you are not digesting what little you have because even the digestive enzymes are dying of starvation! :'(

Sorry luv it ain't fun but you are worthwhile. ;)

IF you have access to an informed medical practice ask the dietician if they have high energy 'geriatric' drinks that are free of glutten. These may help you and are available in Britain for the elderly in various flavours. :)

Much of the food and the routine will I'm afraid be boring ;) but your time is limited :o! YOU MUST start to put on weight and gain energy before winter really sets in :-? as you have no energy resource left in the body :(, which like the anorexic is actually consuming itself, :'( and you will feel the cold terribly with no chance of keeping core temperature. :'(

IF you feel your body temperature has started to drop :( get in a warm bath until you have replenished ;). Don't forget shivvering is the bodies way of raising its temperature by working muscle to burn fat - you have no fat so it will burn muscle and as that becomes in short supply the blood and nutrient supply to the brain can start to fail giving rise to irrational decision making. :( :-/

The last tjhing you need is a cold or irrational decisions! :-[

There IS a road back :D but it will be uphill all the way :(, but once you realise that you have made it the view will not just be different it will be warm, welcoming and spectacular. ;D

Go fer it babe.:-*

YOU CAN do it and there is absolutely no room for despondency, complacency or pity, :-/ YOU of all people don't have spare energy to waste on that :'( . If it isn't positive don't do it! ::)

Don't forget to let us know all the yummy glutten free foods you discover & howmuch and when you eat them! ;)

I'm glad to see The Boston Bong Babe is on your case as well and also Wendy The Red Then there is Rosmarie the uniformed dominatrix who will be around to disciplin you if you don't get your act together. >:(

The whole team is playing on YOUR side ;D

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 4 months ago #2240 by Mike
Oh Poor Elaine :-[

The bong is all yours. I will send it via priority mail with delivery conformation ;)

I just want to cheer you along during this difficult situation. Rah Rah Rah! (shaking my pom poms) ;D

I am not familair with sprue however I know someone who had similar symptoms. It took months for them to come to a conclusive diagnosis. She was diagnosed with C Diff.
www.cdiffsupport.com/aboutcdiff.html

Just grasping at straws here. I hope you feel better soon. :)

17 years 4 months ago #2239 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic update on my other problems
Dear Elaine,

Please do me a favor and ask about TPN (total parenteral nutrition), food in a tube. It's not uncommon for someone with your problems to get this, it means getting an IV line put in though, and that's not so fun. But neither is fading away to nothing. You need to build up some strength.

The doctor you see on the 30th will be able to discuss this with you as an option, if you're not seeing someone else before that.

By the way, Elaine is a fantastic artist! She sent me a portrait she sketched of a friend and I was very impressed! Portraits are the most difficult of all, I think.

Glad you like my hair thanks. I had kept it short for years, thinking if I needed chemo one of these days I didn't want the trauma of losing long hair. But now that I'm 7 yrs out and still cancer free I figured I'd let it grow back. Was worried that long hair is not appropriate on a 50 yr old (could I really be that old? I feel like a teenager) but ahh....the hell with it.

Wendy

Breast cancer, stage IIIC
dxed October '99, surgery Dec.28
Gained 60 lbs first year of (hormonal) treatment, lost 70 lbs over the next few years.

Sister passed away from breast cancer, March '98
Sister dxed with bladder cancer Ta, G1, Oct. 98.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne