update on my other problems

17 years 3 months ago #2702 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic update on my other problems
Wife, thanks for the heads up. Should be pretty simple to get checked for that. I was really relieved there was no colon cancer or crohn's or anything. I don't know what he is doing biopsies for. A friend told me possibly a type of microscopic colitis, but that is just a guess.

Greg, as always, thanks for reminding me to be careful with diet. I was a bit irritated after the colonoscopy because the doctor's only advise was to take more motrin and more reglan. I came home mad and cut my nose off to spite my face and ate some stuffing. Ended up sick in bed for a day and a half. Not going to do that again!! Mr Rugrat went to the store today and got me some more gluten free, fat free, low fiber type stuff. It is in the crock pot now and the blender is on the counter handy. Thank you.... Down to 123 pounds... uggghhh I think, as you've said, I have to keep my focus on my diet and keeping my weight up and forget about what the doctor is doing. I'll just show up with my body when he wants it. ;D I told Mr Rugrat that from now on he is to do all the talking because I can't seem to get him to hear me.

Wendy, thanks for the research tips. I didn't know reglan was used for nausea. I knew it was an anitanxiety drug and my hubby has used it for years to empty out his stomach faster so the acid doesn't build up and irritate his barrett's esophagus. So far the neurontin is controlling the bipolar quite well but I did find out after a couple of years sometimes it just stops working. Will cross that bridge when/if it comes.

You guys are great support and I really appreciate your time and concern. Everybody.....

December 18 is my bladder recheck and Dr. dugan is going to have a fit that I have gotten so much worse in three months time. Maybe he'll suggest an Indy doctor!! ;D

Rosemary, thanks for asking about me... i am doing better today. Will go back and look at the pictures of Kaely and my little Addison. And the hills of the great smokies. Hope your pain is letting up...

Take care and thank you. I'll write more when I am on my feet a little more.. I just wanted to check in now. BTW... the garden boy is working out well in the shop. so far... ;D ;D ;D Thanks, elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #2683 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic update on my other problems
Hi Ruggy

Glad the scope had a positive outcome. I only wish they had some reason for your problems.

Earlier on I mentioned C Diff. Have they done tests to rule out bacterias?

Here is a link for you to compare symtoms with.....

www.healthtouch.com/bin/EContent_HT/cnoteShowLfts.asp?fname=07123&title=CLOSTRIDIUM+DIFFICILE+&cid=HTHLTH

Kind of takes the hapiness out of the good news when the problem still lurks.

Take care.

17 years 3 months ago #2670 by Mike
Hi,

Firstly GREAT NEWS.

Lets ignore all the medico speak - I've listened endlessly to Sangommas throwing bones and their hit record for achieving cures seems marginally better than most Doctors!

The good news is that the gut seems undamaged and undiseased.

The bile symptoms incline me to think your gall bladder is over active relative to your ingestion. I would hazard a guess that the drug the Doc. has advocated is for little more than a lazy gut, that is passing nutrient through erraticly.

So what to do.

Sorry - who suggested egg? Egg can prove a problem for many people - so how do you cook it? Either poach or coddle.

You need gut filler that is NOT containing glutten and you need to steadily fill your gut again - it is just a pipe line and like any pipe line if it isn't full it doesn't work properly the content pools in one place becoming stale and toxic and rushes through other bits failing to have the nutrient extracted.

I'd give you odds on that the nasea is due to enzymes in the stomach and gut being out of kilter and the bile ducts over producing.

Back to where I came in!

YOU MUST eat a small amount of glutten free food every 15 minutes - decide you will give one week of your life to getting better since you have given months to being ill!

Rigidly and dedicatedly drink 1/4 pint of boiled tap water every hour you are awake, during the course of the day have two OXO cubes disolved in the boiled water whilst hot.

Stick to bland non irritant food and whatever happens keep putting solid matter into the front end of the pipe every 15 minutes - this will steadily over a week give rise to filling the pipe/gut so that you re-establish digestion and peristalsis as it should be. Steadily build up the food level and then eat twice as much but every 1/2 hour.

After 2 weeks you will be starting to look as if you can eat meals rather than one long conveyor belt of tedious snacks ;)

To start with help your gut by putting ALL your food through the blender.

OK - OK I know it is boring, I know it is tedious and I know it isn't easy but do you find constantly being unwell, without energy and unwilling to be more than 20 paces from a toilet other than boring, tedious and difficult.

You CHOOSE - do you want to get better?

Your Doctors have shown that there is nothing wrong with the colonoscopy so go for it.

Well done so far. ;)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

17 years 3 months ago #2657 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic update on my other problems
Elaine wrote:
>The dr told me to take more reglan. It is a drug that empties the stomach and intestines out faster. He would not comment on why it helps even at Mr Rugrat's questions. We just aren't getting any answers... just more tests. <

Reglan is used to combat nausea for people on chemo. I think it's also used for anxiety.

>Wendy, I was very interested in your research on antidepressants. I don't know where you find this info. If you wouldn't mind would you expound on that. I was on wellbutrin, lithium and zyprexa but stopped taking them when I got sick. I am on neurontin now. You know where to look where I don't seem to know. ;)<

Neurontin...developed for seizures, used for all sorts of things now, including bipolar.
Good drug if you can take it, I was given it post-op due to nerve damage pain. It made my eyes cross, I couldn't focus and it didn't help the pain so I didn't stay on it. Plus I had to pay for it as it wasn't approved in Holland yet for nerve pain. I would have been happy to pay but it just didn't help.

I go to PubMed/Medline for all my searches:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed

Be careful though, you can get seriously lost in cyberspace. Many reports conflict each other and it can drive someone insane. Most of WebCafe was put together using PubMed.

I hope you feel better Elaine...
Wendy

17 years 3 months ago #2656 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic update on my other problems
I think the dr was blinded by the light! ;D Ok, The colonoscopy... No signs of major disease! :D But strange things are happening. After the colon cleanse, I got up yesterday morning and, (this gets gross, you may want to stop reading... :-[ ), passed a bunch of green bile looking stuff. The dr photographed pools of this green stuff in my colon and gave us the pictures. No explanation.. he is just doing tests. Is it normal to have that much bile in you after a colon cleanse and no food for a day and a half? I am elated that there was no cancer or crohn's or anything like that but the fact is I am still very sick and Mr Rugrat is getting insistent that they come to a conclusion soon. I wake every morning sick, nausea.. bad. I start getting watery diarrhea and after a couple of hours of that the nausea goes away. I eat an egg for breakfast and do pretty well for a couple of hours then it all starts over. Wednesday I had diarrhea 10 times between 6am to 5pm. Lots of it. I have a fair amount of pain on my right side where the gall bladder scars are. I have a golf ball size hernia on the top incision. The dr wants to do a barium swallow next week to rule out problems in my small intestine. If that is clear we are down to the gall bladder surgery the first of July. There is a naturally occurring diarrhea you can get after gall bladder surgery called bile salts diarrhea. There is a sickness you can get if the bile duct was injured during the surgery. The dr told me to take more reglan. It is a drug that empties the stomach and intestines out faster. He would not comment on why it helps even at Mr Rugrat's questions. We just aren't getting any answers... just more tests.

Greg, I am always impressed with your research and common sense. I'm not saying that to stroke your ego.. ;D ;D If you have any knowledge you would want to share with me I would be very grateful. The 'eat often and small' has helped a bunch.

Wendy, I was very interested in your research on antidepressants. I don't know where you find this info. If you wouldn't mind would you expound on that. I was on wellbutrin, lithium and zyprexa but stopped taking them when I got sick. I am on neurontin now. You know where to look where I don't seem to know. ;)

I am not depressed and definitely not willing to give up and live like this if I don't have to. I am determined to get to the bottom of this. Mentally I am doing quite well. I am happy, I laugh, but I am getting frustrated and angry at being sick with no answers. i guess I have one answer... after all these tests I know I am health! ;D Just sicker than a dog! :-/ All three doctors, the gall bladder surgeon, my gp, (dr of osteopath), and now this gastro guy are all members of the same medical group. Mr Rugrat is thinking maybe I should get out of this group and find someone independent that will be more open as far as findings and possible reasons for this excess bile.

My cystoscope on my bladder is in 18 days. The trip to Indy will be hard if I don't get well by then. :( (poor me ;) ) As always I am very grateful to you all for the support through the days of bladder cancer scare and now with your continuing support and wealth of knowledge and investigative power! Thank you for listening. elaine the rugrat... ::)

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

17 years 3 months ago #2607 by Mike
Hi,

no sign of Elaine today - you rekon she is starting to run to get away from the man with the big cold telescope. ;)

Are you sure it was a Tuba - I rekon a Sousa wrapped around to prevent you escaping. Enematic is when you think about it twice - enigmatic is when you give up thinking! ;D

Are you going into Indy the night before Elaine?

The amount you eat DON'T YAWN whilst he is doing the scope or he will be blinded by the 40 watt bulb in the surgery ceiling ::)

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne