squamous cell - metastizised ?

15 years 8 months ago #18842 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic squamous cell - metastizised ?
Yes, it is quite a pain in the neck! I had to fax over all reports to the Drs. before they would meet with my father. Then, you have to follow up because of course they don't always make it where they need to be! Best of luck and stay positive :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #18838 by robm
Replied by robm on topic squamous cell - metastizised ?
thanks peter definitely getting 2 more opinions and new doctor - rob

15 years 8 months ago #18837 by robm
Replied by robm on topic squamous cell - metastizised ?
thank you melissa - i will try to dog my current dr for pet scan - right now i'm just going through the motions with him as i plan to find someone else after all tests are done - chest/pelvis ct scan is on monday - i have been advised dr's wants all tests done before referral - thank you again rob

15 years 8 months ago #18819 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic squamous cell - metastizised ?
I have a copy of all test and X-Ray results. Sometimes it a hassle, but you are entitled to those records. I give a copy of everything to my primary doctor. It sounds like the doctor was describing your cancer and you won't know if it has spread without further scans. Get second opinion if you are having trouble understanding or trusting present doctor.

Regards,

15 years 8 months ago #18808 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic squamous cell - metastizised ?
This shows that they are not paying attention, we got a copy of our path report given to us by the surgeon, we have a copy of all paperwork and didn't have to ask for it, its your right,,so get busy and get it!! Ginger

15 years 8 months ago #18806 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic squamous cell - metastizised ?
NO...it does not mean that. And the report your doctor gave you was incomplete at best. You need to get ahold of the path report..it belongs to you...call the medical records department at the hospital and ask for it and then go sign your life away to get it out of their hands so you actually know what it says.
A PET scan is great but many insurance companies won't pay for it. Some facilities don't even have one...but i would think the U of Washington would..but it usually isn't ordered due to cost and insurance.
I sent you a PM...hope you got it.......Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne