invasive bc-- trans cell w/squamous cell features

15 years 8 months ago #18778 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic invasive bc-- trans cell w/squamous cell features
Rob,

This is how it went for us so you can compare. blood in the urine, test, appt with the urologist, test, turb, turb results stage 3 T-2,,July 3rd 2007,,sent to the Cleveland Clinic with recommendation of r/c. Saw Dr. Stephen Campbell, had chest ex-rays,, pelvis scan, die was used,blood work, all this in on day, results that day, turb scheduled again, Aug.24, same results, surgery scheduled Sept. 14th 2007. Recovery and now back to business.
Your surgeon will most likely send you for that second opinion, ours did right away. This is alot to take in for you, its very upsetting but its really going to be okay!!! Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #18776 by MrTaste
looking back at my charts (two very large, thick envelopes full... hehe) my original diagnosis was high grade poorly differentiated transitional cell carcinoma, with coexisting intestinal type of edenocarcinoma and neuroendocrine carcinoma. whatever that means. i was told that the form of cancer i had was not typical bladder cancer, but just happened to be in my bladder... six rounds of chemo later, it had changed into a different cancer.. high grade transitional cell invasive... had invasion of the 'lamina propria', it had invaded the wall of the bladder, but not through the wall... so post RC, i am currently cancer free... with no chemo, no radiation, just careful monitoring as you might imagine... i'm only three months post op, but my first scans were clean.... the point of all this is just to let you know that even with all the crud that happened to me, i had a great support team, great doctors and great care, and as a result (knocking wood) i'm clean. so again, try not to freak out ( i did plenty and it didnt help ) and know that you're going to get through this... all the best... mark

15 years 8 months ago #18775 by robm
hey mark -- thanks -- it's hard sitting here trying not to have a ufo (unlimited freak out) if you happen to remember whether squamous cell was involved please let me know (it's nice to hear your diagnosis similar - can't find a lot of "understandable" info about this --- thank you so much rob

15 years 8 months ago #18774 by robm
thank you ginger -- i don't have a stage/grade yet -- the "squamous cell features" i find really disturbing -- and i'm having a hard time locating any info about that on this new site -- thank you so much again rob

15 years 8 months ago #18773 by MrTaste
had a feeling that they might ask for a cat scan to narrow things down...that's what happened to me after my first TURB... not sure what the 3 out of 3 means... never heard that from my doc... my original diagnosis was similar though i believe, stage two. went through six rounds of chemo and the cancer changed into a different kind... more invasive and they did an RC on me about three months ago (i have a UCLA pouch, my doc was one of the developers of that procedure).. a second opinion is certainly good advice, but if your doc is really on top of his game, he'll get a second opinion himself (mind did) after your cat scan. the main thing is to know that you're going to get through this. i'm pretty new to posting on this site, but it seems like a great bunch of people with a lot of good info. any questions i can answer or encouragement i can offer is yours any time you ask... i know how hard it is, but try as best you can not to get too many steps ahead of yourself, as it'll only make you crazy (i know this from personal experience).. be well, and let us know the results of the cat scan... best wishes... mark

15 years 8 months ago #18772 by robm
pat, i live in seattle washington --i know information is thin but i'm trying to get as proactive as i can -- and trying not to freak out too much -- thank you for the article - any and all info helps rob

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne