I do know if there is any bleeding they will not instill Mitomycin and personally in my case I was excluded as my first TURB was not completely re-sectioned and i had a higher stage and grade tumor.
well you need to wait for the report on the turb, it will tell you everything you need to know and how to proceed. After my husbands first turb I spoke with the surgeon he said I will refer you to the Cleveland Clinic for removal and any treatments if needed, he did know that much by what he saw, stage 3 T-2 diagnosis came 3 days later, he also spent the night, after both turbs, he had another one at the Cleveland Clinic, same result, then suregery, and now he is great!!!!Ginger Beane
I·m not the expert on this, am sure there are many more on this website who can advise you better, but from what I understand so far is that "no mytamycin" means from the inicial results of your turb, you don·t have what is considered a high risk tumour, so they haven·t given you chemo direct into the bladder following removal of the tumour. Basically thats fairly good news so far.I know its really worrying waiting for test results, but try to just relax a bit for the next few days, and post us when you have more info on your results,
hey you nice people -- had my turbt yesterday spent night in hosp. here are the basics --
waited 5 hours (i nearly went nuts) before hitting the or room -- afterword dr rushed by husband and said "boy that was a large tumor" -- spent the night because he was flushing the bladder w/something (saline?) anyway discharged this afternoon w/usuall compliment of stuff (bladder bag etc.) and told to make a appt for thurs to discuss pathology -- my first question is aren't body scans required for this and what tests are?? -- also what does "no mitomycin" mean on my patient info/record sheet?
i have had way too many drugs -- feeling real fuzzy/tired -- thanks for all your help -- later rob