turb yesterday -- now what - a few questions

15 years 8 months ago #18746 by robm
thanks rosemary -- i haven't quite figured out how to use this site so i'm trying quick reply to see what happens -- i will try to ask dr about the mitomycin although there was quite a bit of bleeding -- more info tommorrow
rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #18736 by MrTaste
Replied by MrTaste on topic turb yesterday -- now what - a few questions
waiting for the pathology is the worst... nothing more unsettling than not knowing, but what has been said before here is correct.. the pathology will give you the answers you need... i wish you the best possible outcome, and hang in there! m

15 years 8 months ago #18723 by robm
hey flamenco - thanks for your response -- will keep my fingers crossed - until thursday then -- later rob

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #18709 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic turb yesterday -- now what - a few questions
I've bumped up an old thread called "Local Uro Cautions Mitomycin C". This was my thread from last year and it addresses the subject of the perforated bladder. In the last analysis, I am glad that I got my two doses under the wire before the Clinic stopped using the Mitomycin.

Please let us know about the Pathology Reports, Rob..

Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 8 months ago #18706 by tommyt
I agree with Pat on the Mitomycin. I discussed the use of it with my URO and why he did not advocate it's use. He had just returned from a Southwest URO conference where there was some disagreement when and when not it might be used. If there was any bleeding or any chance of perforation during a TURB,even microscopic, it could be toxic. While he did state that many URO's were using Mito, he felt confident in BCG solely. Just my two cents.:S

15 years 8 months ago #18703 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic turb yesterday -- now what - a few questions
I had residual tumor, too...

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne