tumor and doctor questions

15 years 9 months ago #18587 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic tumor and doctor questions
So..Miss Virgina Slims...whats the next step;)
Wanted to move this back up time wise to a better place!!
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #18430 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic tumor and doctor questions
Robm,

Well, girlfriend...you already know my opinion of this doctor...I don't like him...not one bit...he may be very skilled and have awesome technical ability but he has no people skills. How much time and effort does it take to give you two sentences worth of compassion and hope.

I would suggest you go ahead and line up an appt. for a second opinion today...it will most likely be 10 days or more out there so by the time the appt. comes around, you should have your path report ready to give them. Call the UW and try to schedule an appt. with the doctor I referred you to already...my doctor said he would help out. I wouldn't wait until after the TURB to schedule other appoointments...esp. with it being summer and folks often go on vacations.
In fact, I would also tell the scheduler at the UW that you would like to also see an oncologist at the UW and maybe they can schedule those appointments like they did mine, back to back. I would also schedule another appt. with a third or fourth doctor...surgeon/oncologist. You can check with your insurance but I'm fairly certain all the consultations will be covered. Remember...YOU are in the driver's seat...don't let anyone else do the driving for you, esp. the doctors...there is plenty of info. on the web and you are an intelligent woman who can decide what is best for you. You are the one who has to live with the long term results...not the doctors. I know you have enough spunk to be a warrior against this cancer...so YOU GO GIRL! Hugs. Melodie ;)

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

15 years 9 months ago #18395 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic tumor and doctor questions
Just to add to the statistics - I've never smoked.

Betsy Mae

15 years 9 months ago #18392 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic tumor and doctor questions
Well he graduated from Indiana University School of Medicine which has a great urology department.....(cure for testicular cancer..Indiana Pouch)...24 yrs ago. He should know what he's doing for the TURB procedure but there are some great surgeons in the Seattle area and a really great one in Portland depending on your path report.
Lets hope its a good one..........Pat

15 years 9 months ago #18390 by tommyt
Replied by tommyt on topic tumor and doctor questions
Robm, I think your doctor's first wife burned her bra in the 60's and he has had several bad relationships with women ever since. ::)

15 years 9 months ago #18389 by robm
Replied by robm on topic tumor and doctor questions

thanks rosie -- i feel this tumor has gotten so large (9cm) that time is critical - i don't know what to do -- i don't think i can get another appt. within the next two days -- i will be most likely switching dr.s after the turb -- thank you again rob

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne