My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event

15 years 9 months ago #18652 by Jill
Replied by Jill on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Pat--I'm still having it every day. It's the same as it has been, i.e. sometimes it's very faint, sometimes it's very visible, sometimes it looks pretty clear. Portland won't talk to me without a BC diagnosis. :( I've read in a few places that some people have hematuria for years with nothing ever able to be diagnosed and they have no problem. I'm hoping I'm one of them.

But it's just our nature to worry when we have a change--I've never had it before, all of a sudden I have it, and there's no problem?? Doesn't make sense.

Jill
The topic has been locked.
15 years 9 months ago #18651 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Jill..you're still having the hematura?...how much..visible? Every day?
Gosh i know you've had all sorts of tests...i wonder if sending them off to Portland for a second opinion might be a good idea...another set of eyes looking.?? Sounds complicated...i would personally like someone else to view the results.........Pat
15 years 9 months ago #18647 by Jill
Thank you, I will. I wish I had some resolution to the hematuria, but guess I should be happy with what I have. :)

Jill
15 years 9 months ago #18637 by Patricia
I love a success story....keep your appointments!!
Pat
15 years 9 months ago #18636 by Jill
Just to wrap this whole thing up, I got the results of my 24 hour urine capture today. It was fine. The urologist wants to see me again Oct 2. I didn't talk to him, just the nurse, but it looks like he'll be checking me every three months for awhile, which sounds smart from what I've read here?

I feel very thankful to have had the good results and hope they continue. As I've seen written here in a few places, this is a club no one really wants to join!

But I will continue to check in--can't help myself--I feel like I've gotten to know a lot of you from your posts.

Jill
15 years 9 months ago #18589 by Patricia
Moving you back into 2008!!! P
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne