My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event

15 years 9 months ago #17600 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Yeah...that was pretty much a $250 non-event. And of course the CT scan runs about $2500.00.......And the CT may or may not pick up something....a flat CIS tumor rarely shows up. The cysto is pretty definitive ..or should be if the uro is any good. Unless you were having gross hematura I just don't understand why he did not do the cysto? Well did you get any wine out of the visit or just a complete bust telling you something you already knew. The color of the blood should have given him an indication of where it was coming from.....
I sure hope your appointment is set for Portland? I would go ahead and get the CT scan as they will order it anyway up there and you can take it with you.
I guess you can't go by cuteness!! :-\
Pat
The topic has been locked.
15 years 9 months ago #17596 by Jill
Replied by Jill on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
I thought that was weird too, Julie. Based upon everything I've read here, a cysto is pretty much always done. Guess we'll see.

Jill
15 years 9 months ago #17594 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
I really don't understand a urologist relying on a CT scan instead of a cysto when there is blood in the urine. I had a small amount of blood in my urine 2 x and went to my husband's urologist for a cysto. Thankfully there was nothing there but I made sure I was checked. It was interesting as I could watch the procedure on the screen the Doctor was looking at. The worst part was there was the Doctor, the RN and the medical student all in a tiny room looking at my so called private parts.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC
15 years 9 months ago #17585 by Jill
My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event was created by Jill
Well, I went to the doctor today. He had me pee in a cup and told me (guess what) I have blood in my urine! No cysto (or whatever it's called) or anything else today.

He is setting me up for a CT scan. He said that if it shows something, a cysto might not be necessary. I do have an appointment on June 18th for the cysto anyway, in the event nothing is figured out from the CT scan.

This surprised and disappointed me. I was hoping to find out something today, which I didn't. Plus I thought a cysto was pretty much always indicated, and from what he said, based upon the CT scan, I may not have the cysto.

I'm still planning on the second opinion from the teaching hospital up north.

It's only been a week, so I guess I should be happy I've gotten in as quickly as I did, but I sure wish I knew something more than I did this morning.

Jill
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne