My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event

15 years 10 months ago #17624 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Jill, I also had a CT scan before the cysto and the doctor had me bring the cat scans on the day of the cysto. He looked at the films and told me that I did have a growth and he would show me through the cysto. he also had me go for a MRI before the TURB. I then had the turb about 9 days later.

Joe
The topic has been locked.
15 years 10 months ago #17616 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Lauren..cystoscopy or TURB? Pat
15 years 10 months ago #17614 by Jill
Replied by Jill on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Thanks to both of you--it's really great to talk to people who have been through all of this.

Jill
15 years 10 months ago #17610 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Jill, if it makes you feel any better, I had a CT scan two days before my cystoscopy...I got upset because no one told me the results of it till I was laying on the gurney outside the operating room, and the doctor was talking to me before I was wheeled in, and he said "yes, I definitely saw a growth in your bladder". So having the CT scan done before the cysto isn't that out of the ordinary... 8)

Lauren

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09
15 years 10 months ago #17605 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Thats how he got you in so fast...gross hematura sounds much more urgent than blood in the urine....Anyway it gives you a go ahead with the insurance company for a CT scan also.
By all means make the call to Portland...you've been referred...just make it personal. Thats what i did and got in promptly with all the doctors i went to see..And say "gross hematura"...and because you're a woman they will want to see you quickly anyway as they will want to sell you the neobladder.
So call.......To schedule an appointment with Sia Daneshmand, please call 503-418-9034.........Pat
15 years 10 months ago #17603 by Jill
Replied by Jill on topic My Doctor Appt Today--A Non-Event
Patricia, interesting you should bring up gross hematuria. When they handed me the new patient forms to fill out, they also included the fax my primary care physician sent to them--on the cover page in all caps, it said URGENT--GROSS HEMATURIA.

So that's why they're doing the CT scan?

I don't have the appt yet in Portland, but we have been referred and are waiting for a call. If we don't hear something in a couple more days, we'll start bugging them.

Jill
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne