YAY mostly

15 years 10 months ago #17029 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic YAY mostly
Wendy,

Not a typo. My Doc says that I am Stage 2. That's what he said. Is that wrong??

Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17023 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic YAY mostly

Huh? I thought you were T1. Have I missed something, did your cancer progress? I hope not!

From what Tahoe is saying she is also stage T1, Rosemary are you mistaking this with the 'grade'?

T2 blc is not treated with BCG, which is only for Ta high grade and T1 and/or CIS. It doesn't reach the muscle itself so muscle invasive blc (t2 - T4) is handled very differently.

I think this is a typo or misunderstanding?
Wendy

15 years 10 months ago #17022 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic YAY mostly
yes , we all make our own decisions about our treatments...but i think all your friends here want , is to see what "exactly" report says.

respecting your choice
peter

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

15 years 10 months ago #17019 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic YAY mostly
Tahoe,

We all come to terms with our cancer in our own ways and I am glad you are finding your way. I just wanted to encourage you to be sure - my 2nd urologist suggested BCG for my bladder cancer in Feb 2007. Fortunately I sought yet another opinion because when my bladder was removed 6 weeks later it was thru the bladder wall. I just wanted to support being sure of your dx and the treatments. There is no shame in seeking even a 3rd opinion until 2 agree. I wish you the best and again I am glad you are finding your way. Holly

15 years 10 months ago #17018 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic YAY mostly
Dear Tahoe,

When I read the post where you described your understanding of the Doctor's Dx, I mentally processed this as being Stage 2 Bladder Cancer. (I am Stage 2). I get the feeling that even the Urologists are bouncing back and forth between the two grading systems (hard to change) If you have T1, G1 Bladder Cancer, then I'm guessing (based on my own Dx) that this bumps you up to a Stage 2.

You are right, given this Dx, the Bladder Cancer is treatable.

Take care and I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

Kind regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 10 months ago #17002 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic YAY mostly
Well, the thing is , I trust this guy, as of today I have no cancer, and I believe he is doing the right things. He is my second opinion. First one was done by the clinic I use.

I might have been mistaken on a couple of those things about what stage,etc.lol
I gave him that list from here and asked him to circle which ones pertained to me.
So he might have circled the wrong thing for all I know. I know what he told me was what I stated, that I need BCG and a three month cystoscopy for 2 years.

For now , I have no catheter, I have no cancer , and I trust my doctor to keep me that way. I really can't keep on and on with this going from doctor to doctor. I have to eventually trust someone, and give them the go ahead to keep me healthy as they can. So I will go ahead blissfully living as long as I can , and leave the details to the doctor :D

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne