YAY mostly

15 years 10 months ago #16996 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic YAY mostly
Hi Tahoe,

I am glad to hear you feel better, yet at the same time I am somewhat concerned. My personal understanding is that all T1 diagnosis require a 2nd TUR - under and over staging is likely on a T1. Also a T1 cannot be "stage 2" - T and stage are interchangable terms - maybe it is the grade? But the pathology states it is grade 1? I also am confused of the addressing of node status- they don't remove lymphnodes on a TUR. They usually do a CT scan with a bladder cancer dx, but that is not conclusive in itself and needs biopsy or removal to confirm. I truly want for you to be carefree and cancer free - I would get a copy of the path report to clarify these things if it were me. Personally, I would be sure the specimen included deep muscle. And I would get a 2nd opinion before getting BCG for a T2 or accepting it is a T1 without a 2nd TUR in a few weeks. Just trying to help :)
God Bless, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #16994 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic YAY mostly
Are you saying you have a Stage 1 or 2 hard to tell the way you wrote it, and also in Invasive Category I have pictures of the stages the posted. Keep those 3 month follow ups. Joe ;)

15 years 10 months ago #16993 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic YAY mostly
Whew! Thank goodness I have low grade from what I read. I would prefer to keep my bladder if possible, wouldn't you? Sounds like this is possible to me from what I read here. Gotta be prepared to keep a constant eye on it though.

But then , I am going by what my guy says anyway, He seems sincere about keeping me cancer free :) Plus , I will be having plenty of follow up maintenance.

Good article , thanks for finding it for me :-*

15 years 10 months ago #16988 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic YAY mostly
You might want to read this or maybe not...but these are the experts.
www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/72911.php

15 years 10 months ago #16987 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic YAY mostly
Well, he explained it to me this way.

There is the inner lining of the bladder, then there is the next layer then muscle , etc. Some abnormal cells in the second layer (guess a pic would be good here)

Basically , what it boiled down to is a T1(tumor invades subepithelial connective tissue, Stage 2, Grade 1- tumors with limited abnormalities , no spread (MO), and No cancer in lymph nodes (NO).

P.S. So nice to pee in the toilet again ,heehee

15 years 10 months ago #16985 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic YAY mostly
Tahoemom....what second layer of what?...Can you tell us exactly what the pathology report said? Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne