Results :(

15 years 10 months ago #16850 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Results :(
Sorry about the diagnosis newbie...but i agree with Holly and Rosemary...don't mess around with invasive. If you can get a quick second opinion great. I tried to find cancer centers in Ireland..and didn't come up with a lot...U. Of Pittsburgh here has opened a center in Dublin...not sure of their expertise in bladder cancer but there is a contact number you can call.
www.beaconhospital.ie/maincontact.html
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #16847 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Results :(
Newbie,

I haven't had this type diagnosis, but, I was told by a respected Urological Surgeon, that "if it's in the muscle, it's gotta go." That is a direct quote...

T2 is muscle invasive. G3 is the highest grade of diagnosis. ("The higher the grade of the diagnosis, the higher the incidence of death within 2 years") blcwebcafe.org/content/view/91/101/lang,english/

If this were my diagnosis, I wouldn't take the chance, nor have I ever heard of the chance being recommended.

Take care,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 10 months ago #16839 by newbie08
Replied by newbie08 on topic Results :(
Thanks for replying so quickly, nice to know there's people there! Its been a pretty rough day :(

We are from Ireland, I've read loads on this website (nothing similar in Ireland!)I'm not sure we have as much choice over here, we'd be willing to travel for the best surgeon/results though! I will defo try to get a 2nd opinion over here...and look at options then!

Peter, hate meeting under circumstances but at least we know what each other are going through!! what are you thinking, are you happy to opt for surgery without trying anything else?

Holly, thanks for the reply and thoughts, how are you since neo bladder surgery ?

15 years 10 months ago #16837 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic Results :(
hi newbi..
i'm at the same stage as your dad..am waiting for 2nd opinion from sloan-kettering in nyc
because i feel s/k is the best i probaly will go with what they say
but for now the waiting is awful..i work so i dont think too much
please get 2nd opinion..ASAP

PETER

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

15 years 10 months ago #16836 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Results :(
Hi,

Sorry to hear this is the results..If it was my choice - I would go first for a second opinion even if just having the slides 2nd opinioned. Be sure it is accurate. THen I would persue the surgery at a major facility. The cancer is unpredictable in my opinion - and the consequences significant. Also the skill of the surgeon is likely the largest part of sucessful RC and diversion so I would be willing to travel if neccessary.
I pray for good results whatever path you choose - God Bless, Holly

15 years 10 months ago #16835 by newbie08
Results :( was created by newbie08
Got the results this morning of my dads turb, we are just in shock and devastated at the moment! The growth is T2 G3 (I was so positive that I hadnt thought about it being invasive!), on a positive note the CT is clear so the growth is confined to the bladder.
My dad is 55 years old, he had a heart bypass 6 years ago but you wouldnt know it, he's very healthy and very active young man!

We were given 3 options by the doc, the 1st is RC surgery, 2nd is BCG and re-Turb in few months and 3rd is chemo/radiation? I asked for the docs opinion and he said he'd recommend surgery cause my dad is so young...but in ye're experience when is a RC necessary when stage T2? from previous experience is it better to try BCG before opting for surgery??

I would be interested in hearing from people who have been through this?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne