1st Turb down!!

15 years 11 months ago #16812 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic 1st Turb down!!
Hoping for the best possible results. hang tough , both of you.
I am waiting also . Mine results are on Tuesday ...very nervewracking .

Think good thoughts and remember all the things they can do to get rid of cancers these days (((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #16804 by newbie08
Replied by newbie08 on topic 1st Turb down!!
Thanks all, results out tomorrow, terrified :(

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers x

15 years 11 months ago #16707 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic 1st Turb down!!
Yes, definitely get a copy. You can then comb over it later. Other than that, basically all I can think of is to ask about options and write everything down,

15 years 11 months ago #16698 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 1st Turb down!!
Dear Newbie,

My turbs were never any type of problem for me. I really could have gone back to work after a day or two, but took a week and regretted it.

The waiting for the Dx is the hardest part....

I don't know anything about the health care system in Ireland, unfortunately so.
Maybe you will have a better idea of the second opinion issue after talking with the Doctor.

Good idea to get a copy of the report. I forgot to mention it.

Good luck at the appointment. I have my fingers crossed, too.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 11 months ago #16697 by newbie08
Replied by newbie08 on topic 1st Turb down!!
Thanks Rosemary, I certainly will bring paper with me and I'll write down everything I hear, I've also learned from this website to ask for a copy of the biopsy report which I will do!! Have you any other suggestions or questions I should ask?

I will also defo ask about getting a 2nd opinion, the fact that 40-60% of biopsy's are under-graded scares the hell out of me :( Not sure how many options we'll have, we're in Ireland so the options are pretty limited compared to the US, maybe getting an opinion from a doc over there could be an option?? Have you ever heard of this?

On another point, how were you after your 1st Turb? My dad is normally a really active man, we can never get him to relax and sit still but he is very tired at the moment, is very sore and has no energy, is this normal, his Turb was a week ago today?

Well we're keeping our fingers crossed that we get good news this week, seeing that you have been tumour free from 2.5 years keeps my hopes up so thank you for your comment and support xx

15 years 11 months ago #16671 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic 1st Turb down!!
Dear Newbie,

The best advice that I can give about going to the appointment is to take a little notebook with you and write down notes on what you hear from the Doctor. Don't count on your memory at this time to remember important details. Especially write down the Stage/Grade of the tumor, and the treatment options. You might want to think about broaching the subject of a second opinion at this point. Keep in mind, that most of us (or so it seems) who have been there would probably recommend a 2nd opinion from one of the larger hospitals (I like a teaching hospital) that may be close to your area. You might broach the subject with your Doctor at this time.

A second opinion is a given with any bladder cancer diagnosis.

Take care and keep us posted.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne