Waiting for my first cystology

15 years 10 months ago #16237 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic Waiting for my first cystology
I had a somewhat cystoscopy awhile ago that was botched (long story), Anyway I am having another one in May, so I know the waitng really sucks!
I was immediately sent to rule out cancer, just to a bad doctor who was not a urologist. Now I will be seeing the real thing :)

I allow a few minutes in the morning to sort out my feelings..cry or whatever till I feel better ,then get on with my day. Kinda like Holly . Rest of the day I have been trying to just get on with stuff I have to do .

I love it here, but have been away a day or two since I really have nothing else to say till all my testing is done.

I go to pre-op tomorrow and will find out more. The cystoscopy really isn't much of a big deal. Just waiting for the results is . I just hate waiting. grrrr

Let us know how things go. Praying for swift action this time around ...Hugssss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #16234 by crptclrwomn
Replied by crptclrwomn on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Thank you, all of you for answering. I thought of not writing because it seems everyone that is on the forum have already known what they are facing. I feel like I made the right decision because of your responses, somehow, I feel much better, like I do not have to do this on my own. How wonderful is that? When I get this done finally next Monday, I will let you know. By the way, will they know at that time or do they have to do something else before I know. I mean, some of the things I read said that they can at that time cut out the tumors during the cystology and others say that you have to go in later for another procedure called a turb? How do they decide? Let me know please. Thank you so much Patty

15 years 10 months ago #16233 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Patty,

I was 54 at the time of Dx. I had 8 years previously had ONE bout with gross hematuria and was told at the time that the blood was NOT coming from my bladder. Right...the thing is, that our female organs are so closely connected to our bladder functions that it is very hard to distinguish what might be going on with our bodies. I had been bleeding in the toilet for about 2 years before I finally was forced to go to Urologist by my Gyno, no ifs, ands, or buts....I thought all that time that I would be told the same thing...not coming from my bladder...

Your symptoms sound familiar to me EXCEPT for pain and fever. There was never any pain associated with my Dx. I'm glad, however, because of the blood in the urine that you are taking this seriously and going forward with the cysto. I do hope you will keep us posted as to the results...

Hang in there. We've all been where you are at. We are certainly here if you need us.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

15 years 10 months ago #16230 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Patty I grew up in Cental Illinois in a small town called Havana. I was 47 when I found out that I had bladder cancer. You can't change the past you can only go forward, uforunately for many of us a delayed dx is not unususal. Everyone here will tell you that the waiting is the worst. When you don't know what you are dealing with anything is possible and that is scary. Once you know it does get better because you can decide on your plan of attack if you have to. Until then try to keep yourself busy and be kind to yourself. Do things you truely enjoy and let yourself have that extra piece of chocolate. If you need to talk we are here.

Chin up and straight forward

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

15 years 10 months ago #16228 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Hi there,

I am in Rockford Illinois! And yes, the waiting bites, but you do learn to get thru it eventually. I found this forum, getting educated in bladder cancer and fortifying my faith to be my best helps. On the really bad days of worry....I set the timer for 5 minutes and I let the "what ifs" train go all the way down the track as far as it goes. I usually struggle to worry the whole 5 minutes. Then when I find myself starting to worry later in the day - I remind myself I already did it! Maybe it is dumb but it usually works for me :)
We are here for ya, God Bless, Holly

15 years 10 months ago #16227 by tate
Replied by tate on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Hey Patty,
Yes unfortunetly, I think we all understand the stress of waiting. As far as the not testing earlier that is not part of my stress but it sounds like others have dealt with that aspect.

I don't think there is an easy answer regarding how to deal with the unknown and waiting. For me just talking with my friends, family, and especially the group and people I know that have bc have all helped me. It is hard to stay positive during this time. Please feel free to email the group or individuls. There is usually someone on line that will quickly reply. We are all here for each other and I can not imagine getting through what I have with bc without these people. Sometimes I get an email and we talk about family, pets and things other then bc.

you are in my prayers and if you need to talk we are here

Tate

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne